Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I Missing Something with the Redskins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Missing Something with the Redskins?

aren't they 20 mill over the cap? where's all the cuts?

and i heard they can get Hall? How? Theyre 20 mill over the cap. Can someone fill me in on this. It doesn't make any sense.

i think they are 8 million under right now give me a sec to find the link.... for as dumb as snyder is at spending money the one thing he is great at is working around the salary cap

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
      i think they are 8 million under right now give me a sec to find the link.... for as dumb as snyder is at spending money the one thing he is great at is working around the salary cap
      so they were never 20 mill over? or did they make cuts to get under?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        We re-did the contracts like we always do to get under. We were 20 mill over though.
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

ya i thought they were over too id like to see that link. thats a lot of cuts to get under.

Comment

i think they were, we really didnt make any huge cuts but brunell gave us something like 7 or 8 off and snyder is just really good at renegotiating contracts with players and they are willing cause they get more gauranteed money from him

heres the latest from a redskins local reporter
            http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

"The Skins officially saved $2.4 million on Clinton Portis's new deal and are now $7.7 million under the cap, plenty of room to make a big move. Vinny Cerrato is telling everyone and anyone that the team is doing nothing. They have gone from one extreme to the other, and even with the draft as a priority now, they'd better add a quality player at either CB or WR this off season outside of the draft. Just my opinion."

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

I don't know what Sean Taylor's contract was worht, but obviously they won't be paying him anymore. Morbid, but cap-wise that did help them.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think we only cut 1 person
                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

wow. the man knows his dollars, i'll give him that.

Comment

aren't they 20 mill over the cap? where's all the cuts?

and i heard they can get Hall? How? Theyre 20 mill over the cap. Can someone fill me in on this. It doesn't make any sense.

hall as in.. deangelo?!?! :)

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by critesy View Post
                      hall as in.. deangelo?!?! :)
                      haha. it wouldn't shock me. you'll probably lose your 1st for him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        I don't know what Sean Taylor's contract was worht, but obviously they won't be paying him anymore. Morbid, but cap-wise that did help them.
                        well whenever a great player retires/dies, they always give one last gift to their team. its still doesnt make up for the loss of Sean Taylor though (or in my case Brett Favre)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

They cut one player in Brandon Lloyd who will be a June 1st Cut.

They voided Rock Cartwright(who re-signed today) and Mark Brunell.

The re-structured Chris Cooley's 11 million roster bonus over the life of his contract, that turned an 12.2 million cap hit into a 4.4 million hit.

Portis, Samuels, Jansen, Carter, Thomas and Daniels also restructured their deals.

Moss and Griffin are also likely to restructure their deals

That is how you get from 20 million over to 8 million under.

Comment

haha. it wouldn't shock me. you'll probably lose your 1st for him though.
                            i wouldnt care if we lost a 1st for him, he's better than any corner you're going to get in the draft and he is younger than some as well.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              well whenever a great player retires/dies, they always give one last gift to their team. its still doesnt make up for the loss of Sean Taylor though (or in my case Brett Favre)
                              Except Brett Favre isn't DEAD.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information