Haynseworth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haynseworth

If the Titans were to consider draft day trades what would be a good cost for him? I know he's franchised but so was Corey Williams. I am a bengals fan still desperatly looking to upgrade the DT position so I might be just dreaming but I was thinking an offer of 2 2nd round draft picks like this year and next year would be enough to get him. Next year Haynseworth will hit FA and demand huge money so if I was with the Titans I might want to trade him now to get something out of him rather than lose him out right next year.

But like I said I might be dreaming, is it that far away from the realm of possibilities?

Its not a guarantee he hits the open market next off-season, they do have the money 2 sign him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

You need to wake up. 2 2nd rounders for argueably the most dominant defensive presence in the NFL? 2 1st rounders might get you a maybe. Our defense is **** without him so we will definitely keep him for this year and do everything we can to retain him longer. We have incredible cap so that's no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
        You need to wake up. 2 2nd rounders for argueably the most dominant defensive presence in the NFL? 2 1st rounders might get you a maybe. Our defense is **** without him so we will definitely keep him for this year and do everything we can to retain him longer. We have incredible cap so that's no problem.
        The most dominant in one year out of 5. Before last year, Haynesworth was considered one of the bigger busts of his draft class.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
          The most dominant in one year out of 5. Before last year, Haynesworth was considered one of the bigger busts of his draft class.
          Only because he couldn't stay on the field. He hasn't been as dominant as he was last year, but he was solid. But because he couldn't stay on the field he couldn't put up the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
            and a piece of sh*t trouble maker because he stomped on that dallas center's face
            oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

Originally posted by lost33cause View Post
              If the Titans were to consider draft day trades what would be a good cost for him? I know he's franchised but so was Corey Williams. I am a bengals fan still desperatly looking to upgrade the DT position so I might be just dreaming but I was thinking an offer of 2 2nd round draft picks like this year and next year would be enough to get him. Next year Haynseworth will hit FA and demand huge money so if I was with the Titans I might want to trade him now to get something out of him rather than lose him out right next year.

But like I said I might be dreaming, is it that far away from the realm of possibilities?
              I personally do not think it iss the best idea to bring Haynesworth to the Bengals, for obvious reasons

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                I personally do not think it iss the best idea to bring Haynesworth to the Bengals, for obvious reasons
                Haynesworth has never been an off-field issue for the Titans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                  Haynesworth has never been an off-field issue for the Titans.
                  Yeah... lets add "on-field issues" to the Bengals' character concern list.
                  Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

i personally wouldnt trade for haynesworth, just because im of teh opinion once he gets his big guaranteed money (which some team will givve him) he will go back to being the lazy sack of **** he was before.

That said, i think with the season he just had, he demands at least a late 1st if the titans do trade him. The only team i can see doing that is maybe SD, to play him at end in their 3-4 (hte only reason i say that is because they dont really have any other major holes) that would leave them with hardly any draft picks, so i dont see it happeneing. I think he stays in tennessee
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

In order for a team to get Mike Reinfeldt, GM for the Titans, to even entertain a trade, it will take an offer of two 1st RD picks. Thats the tender for a Franshise Player, and will be the price. That amount is based on the talent level and ability of Haynesworth as a player, and the need for Haynesworth by the Titans. Two 2nd RD picks? A late-1st RD pick? Those aren't equal value to Fat Al's value, period.

As for the "on-the-field" issues, those are over. It's bad enough that Albert gets a personal foul for every hard hit he makes. It was a one time incident, and he's done nothing else to suggest that he'll be a trouble maker. Unlike PacMan, Haynesworth attended every anger-management class he was ordered to attend, and also trained with a retired All-Pro DLineman during his suspension to make sure he stayed in shape and improve, which he did greatly. To me, the biggest thing that makes me believe that he will not repeat that previous level of attrocious conduct is when he told the story of him having to explain to his son why he did what he did. That registered the highest with me anyway. But as the same with the injury and lazyness issues, it's all subjective and haters will hate.

But yeah, two 1st RD'ers or go don't bother.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                        In order for a team to get Mike Reinfeldt, GM for the Titans, to even entertain a trade, it will take an offer of two 1st RD picks. Thats the tender for a Franshise Player, and will be the price.
                        If it took 2 1st round picks, they wouldn't need Mike Reinfeldt to "entertain a trade"... they'd just negotiate a contract with Haynesworth.

Comment

If he has a similar season he'd get tagged for sure.
                          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion
                            If it took 2 1st round picks, they wouldn't need Mike Reinfeldt to "entertain a trade"... they'd just negotiate a contract with Haynesworth.
                            I'm just answering the man's question. Though, the reality is that Haynesworth isn't going anywhere. His influence on the FO from a player's position is on par with Vince Young, at this point.

In order for the Titans to let go of a player who helps the team as much as Haynesworth, they need an equal return. I don't see a situation appearing that allows a team to make a trade with Tennessee. And then, the trading team will have to work our a contract with Haynesworth, which will probably have to be around 7-year/$55 million/$20 million guranteed, thanks to Al Davis...
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              I'm just answering the man's question. Though, the reality is that Haynesworth isn't going anywhere. His influence on the FO from a player's position is on par with Vince Young, at this point.
                              Actually, he isn't going anywhere because no team will give 2 1st rounders for a player with one dominant year and his track record.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information