Lions cut loose former starting running back Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imprint3454 View Post
    What do they have for running backs other than Tatum Bell now?
    I don't think they have Tatum Bell on their roster anymore, wasn't he upset with the team last year?

They have Brian Calhoun and.... I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
      You just completely described Cedric Benson to a T.

You're team should be looking for a running back as well.
      I dont know if BF51 has liked Benson

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

actually Bell was just signed to a one year deal, like a few days ago. he didn't like Martz, but since he left, he said he would come back.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

If Jones was healthy and had an offensive line Mike Martz would make him a star.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
            Did he ever mention Benson or the Bears running back situation in the post? Didn't think so. Also, you're name is pretty incorrect. The sign goes the other way.

Come back when you have something to offer.
            And he didnt say he was talking about it. He said in a way to say you 'also' described the Bears RB situation to a Bears fan.

Come back when you stop misunderstanding a poster.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Detroit should draft either 'Shard in the first or maybe Charles or Forte in the 2nd if they know what's good for them. Detroit cut Kailmba Edwards too I believe, I think he'd be a better fit in a 3-4 defense than in a 4-3, but not too sure he'd be a good pass rusher anywhere at this point.

Comment

For some reason, I'm a little surprised by this move.
                They'll definitley go RB in round 1 now.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

They should take Forte who is more of a power runner who could also take it to the house. They have the two speed runners already on their roster.

They should really switch to the ZBS, they have some of the pieces in place.

Comment

Weird cut. Detroit needs to get a few solid draft picks into it's offensive line. Rashard+Calvin Johnson down the line could get pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
                      You just completely described Cedric Benson to a T.

You're team should be looking for a running back as well.
                      Wait wait wait....so what you're telling me...is that Cedric Benson may not be a very good runningback?

Oh dear god.....oh no....no...this is no good at all......
                      Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-13-2008, 05:24 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        They should take Forte who is more of a power runner who could also take it to the house. They have the two speed runners already on their roster.

I agree, they'd be better off waiting until round 2 for one of those bargain backs who have 1st round talent but fell due to Mendenhall, Stewart, and Jones being in the same draft. That way the Lions can get a guy like Chris Williams, Jeff Otah, or Derrick Harvey in round one to bolster their front lines before adding yet another skill position guy in the first round. Forte is gonna be this year's steal of round 2.

Comment

Please god, if the giants dont get him, dont let him in the NFC East

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post

Forte is gonna be great. I tottally agree. They should get a lineman first

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                              And he didnt say he was talking about it. He said in a way to say you 'also' described the Bears RB situation to a Bears fan.

Come back when you stop misunderstanding a poster.
                              Well no **** but what does that have to do with anything? It's bringing up things that have nothing to do with the thread just to start arguments, and it's called trolling.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                                Please god, if the giants dont get him, dont let him in the NFC East
                                He's not that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information