Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitna says 10 Wins for the Lions...(again)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    For sheer interest, courtesy of the team web site:
    depending on their offseason, i can see them winning 6 games. they have a tough division, and play the AFC South? Doesn't sound like a winning combination for a team with the worst defense in the division and worst oline in the division. that usually doesn't win 8 games, let alone 10.

buuut, i will reserve total condemnation until after i review their draft.

Comment

7 wins max. IMO

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

They've got a chance...but i think they are more of an 8-8 team next year.

But with that said, if they can land a premier RB, and some solid o-line players...i wouldnt be shocked if it happened. If they drafted a Mendenhall, Nicks etc...in the first 2 rounds, that gives them a good shot IMO.

Comment

I doubt they do win 10 but the NFC north is a crap shoot right now, they'll probably make the playoffs before they win 10.

Comment

I wish I had the effort willing to find the data, but I think any Detroit Lions fans will agree, their defense plays much better at home. Considerably better. I'm positive the stats bear it out, at least in terms of forcing turnovers.

On the road, they are prone to disasters like the losses to Team Sweden (Philly in their alternate unis) and Washington. Good thing for them the Colts game is at the Luke.
            Last edited by Geo; 03-17-2008, 01:16 PM.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

With that schedule, I can really and truly only see them winning 7 games.

Comment

didn't he also say after the Giants game that the better team had lost?

Just checking...
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

They only have a chance of winning 2-3 games this year... Those teams are Falcons, 49ers, and Texans.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    im looking forward to the eminent verbal dispute that will go on between BF51 and Tactalation in this thread.
                    No need, I've got this.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I think some people are really overrating the Lions, which is weird to say. We are definitely going to be a worse team this year than last, and the schedule is tougher. We'll go 3-13 or 4-12 in my opinion. Looking at that schedule now, I only see about 7 winnable games. And let's be honest, the Lions only win 25%-50% of their winnable games. We won't get nearly as lucky again this year (sweeping Chicago, stealing one from Tampa Bay, coming oh so close to beating the Giants).

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        They only have a chance of winning 2-3 games this year... Those teams are Falcons, 49ers, and Texans.
                        I wouldn't go that far, 6-10 seems about where they'll be at for me.

Comment

Last year he never said they were definatly going to win 10 games. He said with the new coaching staff he would not be suprised if they won 10 games. Thats being optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            if they can't block it up front, the rest doesn't matter. they need to shore up that oline.

especially when the rest of the division will pose some formidable dlines this upcoming season. The Bears and Pack will have great dlines, and the Vikings are a DE away from having a great one as well.
                            I don't think Detroit's O-Line is as bad as it looked last year. Detroit was a passing 1 dimensional team and the front five had a lot of pressure on them. I think if they have a good back and the right scheme then the same O-Line will play way better. Think Houston Texans in 2007, same line, no where near as many sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvsnr View Post
                              Last year he never said they were definatly going to win 10 games. He said with the new coaching staff he would not be suprised if they won 10 games. Thats being optimistic.
                              It's an issue of semantics. It's just like when Roy Williams used to say, "we should have scored 40 points" when they scored 6. It just makes him look stupid and gives people another reason to laugh at the Lions.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

the Texans didnt get sacked that often cause they didnt have Carr dropping back... He is like a walking Dummy with a sign "SACK ME"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information