Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitna says 10 Wins for the Lions...(again)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Lions fan I really can't see the Lions winning more than 5-6 games next year. Both lines are mediocre to horrible and our LB's can't cover.
    As a Michigan fan, I really can't see the Lions winning more than 5-6 games for the next 5 years. Drew F$%&#%! Stanton is our future QB.
    I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      I don't think Detroit's O-Line is as bad as it looked last year. Detroit was a passing 1 dimensional team and the front five had a lot of pressure on them. I think if they have a good back and the right scheme then the same O-Line will play way better. Think Houston Texans in 2007, same line, no where near as many sacks.
      That had little to do with scheme, Carr just didn't know how to get rid of the ball.

I agree that the sacks will go down with Martz gone, but that's only accounting for one aspect of the change.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Even with a good draft, I can't see us win more than 7.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Ya, Ya, Ya

Comment

If he was on any other team, he could say that every year, and he would eventually be right. The problem is, he plays for the Lions...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

This past season Detriot was doing very well, and then just stopped winning, its possible, but not probable.

Comment

five games isn't unlikely.

but the NFCN is way tougher than kitna thinks i think. and that's 6 games that they could very possibly lose.

and in addition, they have indy. jax. tb. tenn. and washington to beat too. that 10 games will be hard to make.

i think many flaws will be exposed without mike martz... he was honestly making this team look as good as it did last year.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

I would let him slide with this comment if they werent playing the AFC south this year, also if he didnt just get done eating those words recently...The Lions still have a ways to go, they might be looking at taking a qb rd 1 next year and Kitna might not finish the season.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Like others said, they are still gonna be a bottom feeder until their OL and DL improve to be at least mediocre.

I predict 4 wins.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

You guys are misunderstanding him. He thinks we're going to go 3-13 and we'll have a total of 10 wins over a two year span. Much more realistic IMO.

Comment

The funny thing is that even if the Lions attain 10 wins this season, it likely won't be Jon Kitna quarterbacking the team to most of them.

Drew Stanton will supplant him by midseason, IMO.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          You guys are misunderstanding him. He thinks we're going to go 3-13 and we'll have a total of 10 wins over a two year span. Much more realistic IMO.
                          Yeah... Jon's just misunderstood...

He won't even finish the season as a starter... But you know, maybe he can put in a good word with Jesus or something.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

WOW Jon's statement got taken out of context fast. But I guess thats journalism for ya. Here is how Jon really said it and how the first part got left out and now Jon is "making predictions"

GRAND RAPIDS -- Detroit Lions quarterback Jon Kitna isn't offering any bold proclamations about the team's chances for the upcoming season.

He learned his lesson last year.

Instead, Kitna repeated that reaching the 10-win plateau in 2008 remains the franchise's goal if it hopes to return to the NFL playoffs for the first time in nine years.

"I'm not making any predictions," he said with a laugh prior to signing autographs Friday night at the Arena Football League game between the Grand Rapids Rampage and Chicago Rush in front of a sellout crowd at Van Andel Arena.

"We'll be disappointed to not win 10 games. To not win 10 games means you're not in the playoffs, so that's the same expectation level we'll have this year," he added. "I'm still trying to get over the disappointment of last season."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._kevin_jo.html

Jon said im not making any predictions, just that he would be dissapointed if they didnt win 10 games becuase that means they probably wouldn't make the playoffs and that is what EVERY teams expectations are. NO prediction, he just wants to make the playoffs. Hes not even predicting they will make the playoffs or anything.

Comment

well he'll be disappointed because he thinks this team is able to do it. And well thats just not true

Comment

Originally posted by lionsfan81 View Post
                                WOW Jon's statement got taken out of context fast. But I guess thats journalism for ya. Here is how Jon really said it and how the first part got left out and now Jon is "making predictions"

GRAND RAPIDS -- Detroit Lions quarterback Jon Kitna isn't offering any bold proclamations about the team's chances for the upcoming season.

He learned his lesson last year.

Instead, Kitna repeated that reaching the 10-win plateau in 2008 remains the franchise's goal if it hopes to return to the NFL playoffs for the first time in nine years.

"I'm not making any predictions," he said with a laugh prior to signing autographs Friday night at the Arena Football League game between the Grand Rapids Rampage and Chicago Rush in front of a sellout crowd at Van Andel Arena.

"We'll be disappointed to not win 10 games. To not win 10 games means you're not in the playoffs, so that's the same expectation level we'll have this year," he added. "I'm still trying to get over the disappointment of last season."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._kevin_jo.html

Jon said im not making any predictions, just that he would be dissapointed if they didnt win 10 games becuase that means they probably wouldn't make the playoffs and that is what EVERY teams expectations are. NO prediction, he just wants to make the playoffs. Hes not even predicting they will make the playoffs or anything.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information