No announcement yet.

Active Hall of Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Jennings and Ryan Grant... mark it down!
    Thats really looking into the future though

I cant think of too many packers that would have a chance. Maybe Hawk, Barnett or Kampman. Driver would be nice but he isnt talked about alot. More consistent than many WR's over the last few years, but i doubt any current packers make the HOF

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
      I disagree but he won't be a HOF.

Gonzo will be.
      There's only one running back who ever came back from a 400+ carry season to have anything resembling sucess. He's the exception that proves the rule. It's not LJ.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
      The Destroyer Is Manifest!
      I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

I totally forgot TE's. I would say Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates are definitely in. There are some others with a chance, but those two are definitely the leaders.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
          There's only one running back who ever came back from a 400+ carry season to have anything resembling sucess. He's the exception that proves the rule. It's not LJ.
          LT Has started 111 games and has had 2,365 carries.

LJ Has started 36 games and has had 1,050 carries.

But LJ is done?

I will be the first to say he won't go to the HOF or be as good as LT but saying he is done after 36 games is a little much.
          Last edited by Splat; 03-20-2008, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Shawn Merriman? you must be joking

Comment

hows about Tony Romo?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                hows about Tony Romo?
                Slow down.

Comment

LT Has started 111 games and has had 2,365 carries.

LJ Has started 36 games and has had 1,050 carries.

But LJ is done?

I will be the first to say he won't go to the HOF or be as good as LT but saying he is done after 36 games is a little much.
                  It's not a matter of games played, or even total carries. It's a matter of carries in a season. Only Eric Dickerson has ever been succesful after a 400 carry season. Jamaal Anderson, a 5'11" 237 lb back, at age 26, carried the ball 410 times, he had started 27 games up until that point. He rushed for 1800 yards and 14 TDs. Afterwards, this was his stat line.

Y+1 19 carries, 51 yards, 0 TDs, injury after two games.
                  Y+2 282 carries, 1024 yards, 6 TDs
                  Y+3 55 carries, 190 yards, 1 TD, injury after three games.
                  Y+4 out of the league.

In reality, most backs struggle to remain productive after a 370+ carry season. 400 is a straight up backbreaker.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                  The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                  I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Shawne Merriman?

Comment

In reality, most backs struggle to remain productive after a 370+ carry season. 400 is a straight up backbreaker.
                      Jamal Lewis has had 3 seasons over 1000 yards after his 2003 season when he had 387 att's and in 2005 he was just 90 yards short of doing it a 4th time. LJ might not have another 1500-1700 yard season in him but I could very well see a few more Jamal Lewis kinda years left in him.
                      Last edited by Splat; 03-20-2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Jamal Lewis has had 3 seasons over 1000 yards after his 2003 season when he had 387 att's and in 2005 he was just 90 yards short of doing it a 4th time. LJ might not have another 1500-1700 yard season in him but I could very well see a few more Jamal Lewis kinda years left in him.
                        Even if he does put up Jamal Lewis numbers going forward, Jamal Lewis isn't a HOFer, therefore, neither will LJ. And because that's the point of this thread, the LJ arguement can stop for now. People are throwing around players a little too liberally on this HOF thing. Antonio Gates has had some good seasons, yes, but to say he is definitely among the leaders at the TE position right now is ridiculous. The only one in contention I would say is Tony Gonzalez. Ryan Grant has started half, HALF, a season. AJ Hawk? What has he done to be a HOF other than be a First Round pick? A LOT of people have "potential" to be HOF's, but to say a guy that's been in the league for less than 3 years has a chance is a little far fetched I feel, and not even worth conversation (And to make sure people don't think I'm biased, I feel the EXACT same way about Adrian Peterson).

Comment

I was trying to think of more DL who have a chance but none really come to mind, any thoughts...struggling on this

Comment

Larry Johnson is done. Herm rode the wheels off the bus, and LJ's never going to be the same.
                            Oh give me a freaking break. His injury this year had nothing to do with overuse. His ankle got caught up under A.J. Hawk and he broke his foot. The ankle bent sideways almost. Would a rookie or somebody with less use have had a stronger ankle that could have handled being twisted complete sideways?

People act like Herm is the one who ran Curtis Martin into the ground which is a load of BS. Before Herm ever got to NY Martin had already played 6 years in the league and had carry totals of 368, 316, 274, 369, 367, and 316 before Herm ever got his hands on him.

If the Chiefs' offensive line can become respectable again then LJ will not have to be constantly dodging defenders in the backfield. Plus we now have a good second option with Kolby Smith who can take some carries away from LJ and keep him fresh. I don't see LJ having many more 1,700+ yard seasons but there is no reason to believe he can't have some more 1,400-1,500 yard seasons.

Comment

I would put DeMarcus Ware before I would put Shawne Merriman, but I am also a Cowboys fan..

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                out of those two i would say brooks more than barber, but both should at least get their names on the ballot and jump in during a slow year.

speaking of former bucs, how bout john lynch? hes still busy making pro bowls and the occasional bone jarring tackle....i think he might have a real good shot
                                Lynch missed like half the season because of injury. Him being voted into the pro bowl this year shows what a complete joke the pro bowl has become. Lynch had no business being voted into another pro bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information