No announcement yet.

ESPN's Top 40 Receivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see Marques Colston in the top 15...not bad for a 7th rounder.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
      Dont feel too bad you were only about 60% off lol
      24/64=3/8
      3/8=.375
      .375=37.5%
      You=Wrong

Comment

has anybody also seen the ESPN draft poll
        Somehow the only WR to choose from for the skins is Mario Manningham, lame

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Sux Andre Johnson is on the texans...

Comment

Hah....people thought I was soo out of left field by saying Berrian was a top 20 receiver and ESPN, the most conservative sports network ever, puts him at 27.

As a whole though, I think the list is pretty bad. Ocho Cinco as low at 8th? Javon Walker and Calvin Johnson in the top 30? I actually like D.J Hackett but the fact that he sat on the market so long should exclude him from the top 40.

I would also put Booker above Moose at this point in their respective careers, and I'm someone that has seen a lot of both of them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              haha, 62 until you hit a bears receiver....

i think anquan boldin is underrated. but thats nothing new...
              Berrian is 27, he was a bear until this offseason, that kinda counts, right?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

All three Colts starting WRs made the list. Kinda shocking they put Gonzo on the list after only one year.

Comment

even if i wasn't a huge homer i would still put Boldin over Edwards, 1 good year shouldn't make you top 10

Comment

Originally posted by RagingColt View Post
                    All three Colts starting WRs made the list. Kinda shocking they put Gonzo on the list after only one year.
                    Bowe and CJ are up there as well, pretty high too.

As far as gonzo goes, he's now the #3 and he'll be #2 sooner rather than later considering Marvin's age. With Peyton throwing the ball I don't think it's much of a stretch.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                      Eagles receivers are embarrassing....
                      I would have said the same thing about the Jags receivers but we actually had two guys in the top 40...that's frickin awesome...

Comment

It's a pretty good list but there seems to be a mixture of the past and future expectations. The couple mistakes mentioned already, plus Holmes, Evans, Bowe are right above Donald Driver. Now I don't think he's dominant be any means but their track records don't even come close to Driver's. I'd be called out if I didn't mention Greg Jennings either, he hasn't been better than Driver. They should have about the same amount of catches this year. But anyway, I'm not denying Favre may have made Driver appear better in the past. But stats are stats.
                        Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk; 03-25-2008, 08:34 PM.
                        I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

If this was infact the top 40 the Bears, Ravens, 49ers, and Titans would not have anyone on the list. The Dolphins do not have one even at a list of 64.

Comment

I think Brandon Marshall is a bit too high. He really needs to be slashed out of the top 20.
                            Jennings should be above him, maybe Colston too.

I realize this sounds like blatant Packer banter, but what has Rice done to show he should be that far ahead of James Jones?Jones had more catches, 300 more yards receiving, and a higher average yards per catch. Maybe the feel he has a higher ceiling...?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              I think Brandon Marshall is a bit too high. He really needs to be slashed out of the top 20.
                              Jennings should be above him, maybe Colston too.

I realize this sounds like blatant Packer banter, but what has Rice done to show he should be that far ahead of James Jones?Jones had more catches, 300 more yards receiving, and a higher average yards per catch. Maybe the feel he has a higher ceiling...?
                              You can't really compare stats when Jones had Favre and Rice had Tavaris Jackson. Personally I think it's a little silly that we have rookies that aren't even starters on the list in the first place.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                You can't really compare stats when Jones had Favre and Rice had Tavaris Jackson. Personally I think it's a little silly that we have rookies that aren't even starters on the list in the first place.
                                Yeah, I suppose that's true. I did forget about the man-wonder Jackson. However, You cannot deny Production to a degree.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information