No announcement yet.

Lito Trade Still Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im willing to give up one of our 3rd round picks and maybe like a 6th round pick for a guy like lito, who would significantly upgrade our poor secondary immediately

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
      I think Randall G's contract can be either a one-year or a two-year deal, I'm not sure which but I remember reading it could be structured that way if the Saints wanted to part ways early. I don't recall if Jason David's contract is like that.

If the Saints were to acquire Lito Sheppard (who I'm a big fan of and think is a great player), it wouldn't surprise me if they immediately cut a recovering Mike McKenzie, which would save some dollars there.
      Mike McKenzie wouldn't be getting cut anytime soon. He played at a Pro Bowl-esque level last year and was one of the best cornerbacks in the NFC. There are reports that he'll be healthy to be starting at the beginning of the season as well - he's pretty essential to our defense.

With that said, I don't know how I'd feel about acquiring Sheppard.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Miami Dolphins Should Trade 58th Overall Pick for Philadelphia Eagles Corner Lito Sheppard

Comment

eh... the lions trade... eh.... ah screw it... we won't.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

If I were Philly, I would do everything I could to get Anquan Boldin.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Mike McKenzie wouldn't be getting cut anytime soon. He played at a Pro Bowl-esque level last year and was one of the best cornerbacks in the NFC. There are reports that he'll be healthy to be starting at the beginning of the season as well - he's pretty essential to our defense.

With that said, I don't know how I'd feel about acquiring Sheppard.
              Good to know, bud. I was under the assumption he wasn't as close health-wise. Granted, not sure how long-term a solution McKenzie is, but he's more than capable as a starter when healthy. He's currently signed through 2009.

With the talent the Saints have at corner - McKenzie/ Jason David/ Randall G/ Jason Craft (exceptional nickel corner in 06)/ Usama Young - an early draft pick at CB might not be as given as some think it to be. If the BPA is a corner at #10, obviously it wouldn't be a bad move at all, but I don't think it's a given - I could see them instead bolstering the core with another mid-round pick, an unheralded prospect like Young, meanwhile using the earlier picks at other positions. Maybe free safety is the bigger need, with Bullocks is in the last year of his rookie deal.

But if Sheppard comes over, he's starting of course.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Arent the Rams supposed to be pursuing him?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                  Arent the Rams supposed to be pursuing him?
                  everyone and your mother should be pursuing him.

Teams because he is a good player in man press, and WHEN HEALTHY (very little of the time 100%) he is a great player.

Your mother because he will get a fat wad of cash eventually.

Comment

It'd soften the blow of losing DeAngelo some. It would probably take a 2nd though, which I probably wouldn't pony up. Because we would be essentially trading Hall for Sheppard.

Comment

Why would Arizona do that? Ive been inclined to believe they would keep Boldin over Fitz if they had to, he's the captain of the offense and has been a leader, I dont think they would think about trading him just to get another corner.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Why would we do that, we wouldn't even trade Fitzgerald, let alone the most important player to our team

Comment

I'd sacrifice my butt virginity for Lito Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                            I'd sacrifice my butt virginity for Lito Sheppard.
                            interracial?

Comment

lmao haaaa

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                                interracial?

He'd spread that **** open and spray paint inside.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information