Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
    I have faith for Pacman to turn things around, but Henry is done in my eyes
    How do you have faith in Pacman? He's done just as much crazy, stupid stuff as Chris Henry.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      How do you have faith in Pacman? He's done just as much crazy, stupid stuff as Chris Henry.
      I dont see how anyone can have faith in these guys. They say all of the time how they put themselves in a bad situation and it shouldn't have happened but then 3 days later they are in trouble again. They obviously don't mean what they say and are just saying it so everyone will get off of their asses. I wouldn't trust either of theses guys.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
      Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

These guys have a chance to do something that everyones dreams about and they just throw it away for stupid selfish reasons. But i guess thats just how some people are.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
        Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
          Dallas fans take a look at your new reciever. First Tank Johnson, Pacman and now it wont be long before Jerry Jones comes knocking on his door. Mabye Jerry Jones gets a tax break for employing convicts(or at least you do in Idaho don't know how that works in Dallas)
          Riiiight, now lets act like all we do is sign screw ups, I mean its not like we drafted Ware, Newman, Barber or anyone else

Once again in case you havent been reading, he wont even be playing anytime soon, so no he isnt going to Dallas, but nice try at being funny...And what have you heard from Tank Johnson since he signed?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Not to mention that his specialty is defense, where they have sucked the whole time he was there.

You have to keep in mind Cincy's past however, 7-9 is pretty good relatively speaking.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Just because the past was mediocre, it doesn't excuse present poor play and lack of results. Lewis hasn't made this team better in his tenure, and he's had more than a fair shot. The defense is just as bad as when he arrived, and his team doesn't play well together.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Just because the past was mediocre, it doesn't excuse present poor play and lack of results. Lewis hasn't made this team better in his tenure, and he's had more than a fair shot. The defense is just as bad as when he arrived, and his team doesn't play well together.
                Well no ****, but that's why he has a longer leash. That's the way it goes. You have two losing seasons in Dallas you're fired, you have two losing seasons in Cincy and you're not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

His record isn't much better than .500, and the team isn't ready to challenge for the division or the playoffs. Why keep Lewis on when more average records can be expected?

Comment

He hasn't made the team better? He's not perfect, obviously but come on... We were 2-14 since he took over and last year was our first losing season under him.

This year (excluding the 2003 season) has been the one where he made the biggest changes. If they don't get it done this year, I'll be calling for him to be fired (which won't happen). Mike Brown has some long leashes on coaches, we've had much worse here for longer than they should be. I'd say Marvin, if he wants to be, is here the next 2 years at least.

How is this team not ready to challenge for the division/playoffs? I mean, I'm not saying we're getting in by any means but they're easily capable of it. The Steelers schedule won't be an easy one and since Marvin has been here we've owned the Ravens and Browns.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                      He hasn't made the team better? He's not perfect, obviously but come on... We were 2-14 since he took over and last year was our first losing season under him.

This year (excluding the 2003 season) has been the one where he made the biggest changes. If they don't get it done this year, I'll be calling for him to be fired (which won't happen). Mike Brown has some long leashes on coaches, we've had much worse here for longer than they should be. I'd say Marvin, if he wants to be, is here the next 2 years at least.

How is this team not ready to challenge for the division/playoffs? I mean, I'm not saying we're getting in by any means but they're easily capable of it. The Steelers schedule won't be an easy one and since Marvin has been here we've owned the Ravens and Browns.
                      I think the offense has come a long way, but even that stalled last season at times. The defense was very good in 2005, but after that, it has fallen off significantly. I can't think of a major playmaker on the Bengals defense. I don't think they have a cohesive unit. I don't think they can be counted on to stop anyone. I don't think they generate enough pressure to account for their secondary.

At the end of the day, the Bengals' D is a mess. If you can't stop anyone, you likely can't keep up with enough good teams to win in this league. I don't necessarily see that changing.

As for your claim about losing seasons, 8-8 isn't a winning season either...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        yeah Chad has no idea what he wants. he's just acting like a baby bc he feels hurt that the media is blaming him for their problems.

I think if you were to ask him what would change his mind though, it would be firing Marvin Lewis, which i felt shouldve been done this year. Lewis probably has this year to save his ass, or he's gonezo.
                        I think Chad wants the front office to show a commitment to winning and signing quality players to get them further. The biggest offseason signing was Utecht.

They lost Landon Johnson, Madieu Williams and Justin Smith and picked up a bunch of special teamers to replace them. Granted these guys are not exactly game breakers, but these guys all started last year and are ok players.

When you consider the perennial playoff team that the steelers are, the improvements that the browns made this offseason, and the high draft pick and coaching changes that the Ravens made, it seems everyone is making big changes to improve their team except for the Bengals. I can see where Chad thinks that something needs to change and the Bengals aren't really doing much.

Comment

good for cincy, he's one less headache

Comment

I know it sounds terrible but around here if you aren't having a losing season you aren't going to get a lot of complaints. I'm not ready to give up on Marvin but it's really time to prove something.

I agree about lack of defensive playmakers. Tory James was, then he got old. Odell was, then he got drunk. Ahmad Brooks was supposed to be, then he got hurt. I know it's a lame excuse but luck has plagued this defense a great deal, it should still be playing together. The run D has come around. We've just got no pass rush so the secondary gets screwed over.

Void of injuries and Odell/Henry (who I honestly think at the time were good risks), Marvin has done a pretty solid job of drafting. Really Keiwan Ratliff (2nd round) is the only player that's kind of flamed out as an early pick.

Chinedum Ndukwe in the 7th last year was an amazing pick, Domata Peko as a 4th rounder turned out great. I'd like a chance to see what this defense can do with whoever we draft and Ahmad/Odell out there.

Marvin has quickly turned into a no nonsense kind of guy and is placing his priorities in different places. Last year, I wanted Breshnahan canned but Marvin kept blaming the players. This year, he fires him and places full emphasis on the Dline and generating a pass rush.

I guess I'm saying it's reasonable to criticize Marvin but he's not sitting idle (at this point) and is trying to change things around here. Given what it's turned into, I don't think he could handle the Chad situation any better than he has.

Comment

We all know whose going to sign him. The same team that embraced Keyshawn, David Boston, and Antonio Bryant.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It's too late to make a coaching change now. It had to be done quickly after the season or not at all. Marvin has the pieces to play a decent Tampa-2 D (like BBD suggested). If he sticks with a standard scheme and lets his players play, he has a chance. That offense is still potent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information