Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry Rhodes signs 5 year extension with NYJ

http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?y...=36122&vkey=12

Rhodes is definitely one of the Jets better defensive players if not their best, and was still on his rookie contract, which would have been up after this season. Supposedly it's a 5 year deal worth 33.5 million, a little less than Bob Sanders got. Not a bad deal to lock up their biggest defensive playmaker for a few more years.

Not a bad move. Rhodes is an excellent player, and their best on the defense.

Comment

I was really worried they wouldent get this done. Glad we locked him up.

Comment

Rhodes is a top 5 safety in the NFL. I'm glad we locked him up after spending on those players this offseason. IT would of been a bust if we didn't lock Rhodes up, he is too good and young for us not to keep him. And hes a leader, and a great character guy, every coach in the league would love to have a player like Rhodes on their team. Very coachable player.

Comment

This makes my day. I couldn't be happier, i love this guy. What a relief

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Rhodes is one of the best safeties in the game. Excellent move.

One of my favorite players too. He's just a badass dude. Can do it all. Prototypical 3-4 SS.

Comment

Rhodes should have been to the pro bowl the last two years. But that's a looooooooot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                Rhodes should have been to the pro bowl the last two years. But that's a looooooooot of money.
                Its worth it. He the face of that team, and is a young player. Will be good for many years. Nice move.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  Its worth it. He the face of that team, and is a young player. Will be good for many years. Nice move.
                  Agreed, never can argue with locking up young talent, but more spending by the Jets? Their pocketbook has been open all off season.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

ya good for the jets. Big part of that teams defense. Rhodes top 5 safety and could be one most underrated players in the NFL.

Comment

yaaaaaaaaaaaay
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...0m-guaranteed/

Jets Extend Kerry Rhodes, $20M Guaranteed
                        Posted Apr 9th 2008 6:59PM

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the New York Jets have reached an agreement on a five-year contract extension with safety Kerry Rhodes.

Schefter reports that the deal is worth $33.5 million, including $20 million in guaranteed money; SNY reports that the contract is similar to the deal that Indianapolis Colts safety Bob Sanders signed. The contract will go through the 2012 season, when Rhodes will be 30 years old.

Rhodes had one year left on his current contract and would have become a free agent after the 2008 season if he hadn't signed the extension, and this seems like a good deal for both sides.
                        I agree, it's a good deal for both sides. Rhodes is a very good player, it's money well spent by the Jets to lock him up for the future.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

They have got to be close to the cap limit now, Im all for resigning your young guys though that you intend on building around...I wish we had room to lock up guys like Canty, Barber, Ware long term right now....But I thought the Jets were pressed for cash before this move.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            They have got to be close to the cap limit now, Im all for resigning your young guys though that you intend on building around...I wish we had room to lock up guys like Canty, Barber, Ware long term right now....But I thought the Jets were pressed for cash before this move.
                            Well, this is very probably true. But at the same time, the Jets are probably 2 or 3 June 1st cuts away from not only having cap room, but rolling in it despite the signings. Now, there will probably only be 1 (Robertson), but even with that one, the Jets should be okay cap wise.

Comment

He is awesome, nice extension signing.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information