Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac-Man To Apply For Reinstatement Tues

Pacman to apply for reinstatement Tuesday, agent says
    IRVING — Suspended Tennessee Titans defensive back Adam “Pacman” Jones has yet to apply for reinstatement to the NFL, but it’s coming soon.

His agent, Manny Arora, said Friday afternoon that Jones will apply for reinstatement to the league Tuesday.

Arora remains confident that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will reinstate Jones before the start of training camps, which begin in late July.

While disappointed that a deal between the Titans and the Dallas Cowboys was not completed last week at the NFL owners’ meeting, Arora believes that a trade would have to be completed soon.

“Just from a logical perspective, I remain optimistic that next week will be the week,” Arora said. “That’s the last week before the draft, and most teams are going to want to be set.”

He said he has had some correspondence about contractual issues between the Titans and Jones, but that moving forward on anything else is almost moot until a trade is actually close, or complete.

“We are Step 2 in the process,” he said. “Step 1 is they have to get the trade set up. … We are not going to be the sticking point. Now, we aren’t going to be taken advantage of, but we aren’t going to hold anything up.”

Arora said he expects that whatever contract he sets up will probably either be for a low-salary or a potentially league-minimum deal loaded with incentives. He estimates that any contract will probably be for one or two years so that Jones can build a record of good behavior.

“The risk is minimal because he knows this is his last shot,” Arora said. “You have a motivated player, and a team paying rock-bottom prices. Whether [the Titans get] a fourth or a fifth-round pick, what’s the difference? So the risk factor, to me, is negligible.”

Mac Engel, 817-390-7760

cred 2 BoneKrusher

A bit off topic but has Roger Goddell reinstated Odell Thurman yet? If he has not how can Thurman not be reinstated before Pacman?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

I think Thurman is good to go...

I also think Pacman is coming to Dallas, it will be announced within a week or so...Both sides want to make it happen, I just hope it works out, and for the record I still want a corner in round 1 because im certainly not relying on him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Never change Pacman. Never change.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          I think Thurman is good to go...

I also think Pacman is coming to Dallas, it will be announced within a week or so...Both sides want to make it happen, I just hope it works out, and for the record I still want a corner in round 1 because im certainly not relying on him.
          Well the article is being reported from Irving...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

he's runnin out of money for the rippers, the man's 'gotta get paid'

i'll give him Week 13 at most before he's gone again

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

The moment he gets reinstated, the news will break that he's starring in the sequal to Stop Snitching.

Comment

Put him in already, he's gonna lead us to the promised land!

Edit - by promised land i did in fact mean the best Dallas/FTW area strip joints.

Comment

I did hear in a recent interview that he would not rule out going to strip clubs. Some guys just. Don't. Get it.

Comment

$10 says he goes out to celebrate his reinstatement and gets arrested.
                    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                      I did hear in a recent interview that he would not rule out going to strip clubs. Some guys just. Don't. Get it.
                      LOL, yes! That's f'n awesome. Keep makin' it rain, fella.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

PacMan has gone on record many times - as in saying on camera, tape, etc. on more than one occasion - that it ain't no crime to go to strip clubs and that he'll still do it since it's his right.
                        Thats kinda like walking up to a guy who's much bigger than you are and calling his girlfriend whatever slur you can think of, and being confused when the dude knocks you in your jaw. Yeah, you have the right to express your opinion, but don't be surprised or play victim when you receive the consequences of your actions.

Anyway...

Cowboys considerably closer to deal for Pacman Jones - Per Adam Schefter

Also, take note that it was Schefter who was the one watching the trade negotiations and declared that a trade was imminent...two weeks ago.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          PacMan has gone on record many times - as in saying on camera, tape, etc. on more than one occasion - that it ain't no crime to go to strip clubs and that he'll still do it since it's his right.
                          Thats kinda like walking up to a guy who's much bigger than you are and calling his girlfriend whatever slur you can think of, and being confused when the dude knocks you in your jaw. Yeah, you have the right to express your opinion, but don't be surprised or play victim when you receive the consequences of your actions.

Anyway...

Cowboys considerably closer to deal for Pacman Jones - Per Adam Schefter

Also, take note that it was Schefter who was the one watching the trade negotiations and declared that a trade was imminent...two weeks ago.
                          Schefter: If I throw enough crap out there, I'll get to brag about the one spec that ended up in the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                            A bit off topic but has Roger Goddell reinstated Odell Thurman yet? If he has not how can Thurman not be reinstated before Pacman?
                            Godell said something to the effect of, "Thurman is on track to be reinstated". Basically a yes.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              Godell said something to the effect of, "Thurman is on track to be reinstated". Basically a yes.
                              If Thurman got two years and Pac Man serves one, that's messed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information