Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfect two backs

who do you think would be perfect for a 2rb situation

i gotta say LT( he is just the perfect RB) AP(he sort of has it all hasn't totally proven himself to me)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

LT and Westbrook hands down...

Comment

tough, depends on if you want the 2 best backs or a mix...

I'll go with Westbrook and Brandon Jacobs for the mix of power and speed. Hell, maybe Jacobs could play fullback and I could play'em both all the time....
      JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Ill be somewhat of a homer and say Westbrook and Barber although Barber or Jacobs would be sick with him and you can take your pick, that would be one pretty lethal RB combo...LT is a beast with anybody, so is AD, so thats no surprise with them, add anybody in a rotation with them and it will be pretty damn good.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

AD and Westbrook FTW! :)

Comment

All everyone is going to do is take the 2 best backs in the league haha.

I guess if we're only allowed to use true RBC running backs, ie guys who split carries evenly with someone else, id use Marion Barber and DeAngelo Williams.

Comment

Going with the crowd on this one and saying LT definetly would have to be one (unless we're building a franchise of some sort for the long-haul, then I'd replace LT with AP because LT is starting to get older).

I'd make Brandon Jacobs my second too. He can really pound the ball hard up the middle and he's big enough to play a little fullback and block for LT if they're both on the field.

Also, this is a little crazy and I don't know if it would work, but you could possibly pick up Kevin Faulk and LT and do really well depending on your QB. Kevin Faulk is basically a receiver, combined with LTs great hands you could put both on the field and 1) teams would never know if its a pass or run play 2) it would create waaaaaaay to many mismatches for defenses.

Comment

I would go with LT and Seven Jackson both can do it all and Jackson is a good power back to compliment LT. This would be Sic!

Comment

Honestly guys, and this is coming from a Giants fan...Brandon Jacobs isn't that great.

He's too big to fit through holes that aren't huge, he has poor vision, no first step, and no cutback ability. He's a glorified goalline back. I honestly rather start Bradshaw over him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Honestly guys, and this is coming from a Giants fan...Brandon Jacobs isn't that great.

He's too big to fit through holes that aren't huge, he has poor vision, no first step, and no cutback ability. He's a glorified goalline back. I honestly rather start Bradshaw over him.
                    Agreed that he's not that great. But exceptional physical talents can do great things in this league - a lot of guys who are really fast at the combine get drafted because of that. I think this year Chris Johnson was the fastest and he'll get drafted purely on that speed. No one thinks he'll be the best running back (or WR as most people see him making a position change when he goes to the pros), but he will have extreme values because of his speed alone.

Brandon Jacobs is not a top-tier running back by any means, but he's in a class of his own because of the fact that he's the biggest running back in the league - and although bradshaw may be a better runner than Brandon Jacobs, he's not quite the blocker which also increases Jacob's value a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                      Agreed that he's not that great. But exceptional physical talents can do great things in this league - a lot of guys who are really fast at the combine get drafted because of that. I think this year Chris Johnson was the fastest and he'll get drafted purely on that speed. No one thinks he'll be the best running back (or WR as most people see him making a position change when he goes to the pros), but he will have extreme values because of his speed alone.

Brandon Jacobs is not a top-tier running back by any means, but he's in a class of his own because of the fact that he's the biggest running back in the league - and although bradshaw may be a better runner than Brandon Jacobs, he's not quite the blocker which also increases Jacob's value a lot.
                      thats true. i will give Jacobs this, his mere presence on the field introduces a physicality to the game that intimidates opposing defenses and sets the tone for a physical game. thats one thing i like about him.

I think Bradshaw has a lot of potential on 3rd down though. If he can improve his blocking, which i have confidence he will, he can also be a tremendous threat to catch it out of the backfield. He reminds me of Brian Westbrook an awful lot, and with some development could wind up being a stud.

Comment

i agree but he is smaller than jerome bettis and bettis still had 13,000 yards
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

I'm going with one of BBD's picks, Marion Barber, and I'll take him with Westbrook. Barber runs harder than any NFL back in my eyes and he would really wear down defenses for Westbrook to make the big play, whether it be a run or pass.

Comment

If we are going with backs that are already in RBC situations, then I would have to say Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood. Perfect lightning and thunder combination.

O wait.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

weight wise and height wise, Jacobs is bigger than Bettis. Jacobs carries his weight a lot better. Bettis was flabby. Bettis continuously weighed in right around 250 and if i'm not mistaken, Jacobs weighs like 264. and is 6'4.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information