No announcement yet.

perfect two backs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll say Brian Westbrook and Marion Barber.

Comment

Lawrence Maroney and DeAngelo Williams

or

Ronnie Brown and Brian Westbrook

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
        Did he even get a chance to play? I don't even remember Moats playing at all...
        http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=15313

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
          weight wise and height wise, Jacobs is bigger than Bettis. Jacobs carries his weight a lot better. Bettis was flabby. Bettis continuously weighed in right around 250 and if i'm not mistaken, Jacobs weighs like 264. and is 6'4.
          Jacobs height isn not a good thing. Bettis was short and ran low, while also being quite heavy. Jacobs runs upright, which makes him easier to tackle. Bettis was also faster and had better feet and vision in his prime.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
            Jacobs height isn not a good thing. Bettis was short and ran low, while also being quite heavy. Jacobs runs upright, which makes him easier to tackle. Bettis was also faster and had better feet and vision in his prime.
            well yea i know. but he said Bettis was bigger which wasn't true.

Also, I don't know if Bettis was ever faster than Jacobs. It might be close, but I doubt it.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Adrian Peterson and MJD would be a great 1/2 punch....

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                Agreed that he's not that great. But exceptional physical talents can do great things in this league - a lot of guys who are really fast at the combine get drafted because of that. I think this year Chris Johnson was the fastest and he'll get drafted purely on that speed. No one thinks he'll be the best running back (or WR as most people see him making a position change when he goes to the pros), but he will have extreme values because of his speed alone.

Brandon Jacobs is not a top-tier running back by any means, but he's in a class of his own because of the fact that he's the biggest running back in the league - and although bradshaw may be a better runner than Brandon Jacobs, he's not quite the blocker which also increases Jacob's value a lot.
                I don't know about that. I think Bradshaw did an excellent job blocking this year. Granted, Brandon had several pancake blocks on defenders (which is awesome to watch), but he will miss a block from time to time. I think Bradshaw did it all last year in limited playing time. He blocked, caught the ball very well, and as we all know he can run.

A Marion Barber/Ahmed Bradshaw tandem would be awesome. Both have great vision and would make a nice duo together.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with LT and Ladainian Tomlinson. It's worked so far.

Comment

i go with the extraordinary here :

(healthy)
                    fred taylor
                    deuce mcallister

Comment

Jacobs and Westbrook. My personal fave 2-back system: MJD/Bush.

Comment

Larry Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew

LJ is simply a beast up the middle and a touchdown machine and MJD would wear down defenses to the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                          I don't know about that. I think Bradshaw did an excellent job blocking this year. Granted, Brandon had several pancake blocks on defenders (which is awesome to watch), but he will miss a block from time to time. I think Bradshaw did it all last year in limited playing time. He blocked, caught the ball very well, and as we all know he can run.

A Marion Barber/Ahmed Bradshaw tandem would be awesome. Both have great vision and would make a nice duo together.
                          Ahmed Bradshaw would be part of the perfect 2 back system? I think we're stretching just a little bit now ;)

Comment

I will take LT and Steven Jackson :D

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                              no way bettis is faster than jacobs, even in his prime

Comment

Has to be LT and AD. Those two on the same team would single handidly win a Superbowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information