Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    I'd be 100% against that.
    Because of Chad or because of what we'd give up?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
      the price is a definite no and the baggage is probably a no too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        Compiling stats and thinking up touchdown celebrations doesn't cut it long-term, you need to be consistent and help your team get to the playoffs.
        Chad doesnt play defense, thats the only thing keeping the Bengals from the playoffs.

There arent very many NFL WRs who "consistently" put up numbers the way Chad has the past 5 or 6 years. You dont want to like him because of his personality or what he is doing now, thats fine. Dont bring up this crap about him being inconsistent and TJ being the best WR on the Bengals. TJ put up 1 big year. Thats right he has 1 under his belt and so many on here praise him as being the reason that Chad is good. Its ridiculous, he was putting up numbers before TJ and even before Carson was starting. Go check the stats, I know a lot of people dont like to judge by stats and there is nothing wrong with that but I hear also from a lot of people on here that Chad gets all his stats in 2 or 3 big games. Check last years stats during TJs big year. Chad is more consistent week to week than TJ, except in TDs.

I'm not saying that the Bengals shouldnt try to move him, especially after this, but good luck to Carson and TJ next year. The Bengals are a team that has to out score opponents to win the games they do win.
        Last edited by farfromforgotten; 04-16-2008, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          Well the whole situation wouldn't make much sense. We certainly aren't lacking at WR, it's our deepest position. We have Donald Driver coming off a probowl season, Greg Jennings who's 12 TDs was good for 4th best in the NFL (and 4 more than Chad Johnson), James Jones who was a promising rookie, Ruvell Martin who has grown to be a solid receiver the past two years and can be a redzone threat, and Koren Robinson who's a pretty damn good 4th/5th option. There's no need to bring in Chad Johnson. Could he improve our offense? Sure, but not enough to where it's worth it. He's a headcase. People often just shrug off what he does because it's "funny", but he's more of a distraction than Randy Moss who catches a lot more criticism for it. Also what happens when he's not getting the ball? We have a new QB, and have the guys I mentioned above to spread it around to already. With Brett Favre maybe it'd be something to think about doing to push us over the edge to win the superbowl, but then we would have just signed Moss.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            He's a headcase. People often just shrug off what he does because it's "funny", but he's more of a distraction than Randy Moss who catches a lot more criticism for it.
            I dont think that Green Bay needs him. I find this post humerous. Considering that when Randy is on losing teams he causes a "distraction" by not playing to his full potential or giving a damn. Chad has been part of several losing seasons in Cincinnati and put up the same numbers every year.

Comment

I don't care what the stats say, TJ is just flat out more consistent than Chad. We need a big reception, TJ is there. We need a big 1st down, TJ is there.

Getting our defense in line and running game back together is of more importance than having CJ moaning out there. I'm not saying he's not important to our team, that'd be foolish but well before this year I always preferred TJ over CJ. It's just something that sticks out watching the games, Chad's stats blow away TJ's really less the TD's.

Chad's not worth the pain, can't think of the last big catch he made and him bombing in the Denver game in '06 cost us the playoffs since he seems to think we're so incapable of making it.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                I don't care what the stats say, TJ is just flat out more consistent than Chad. We need a big reception, TJ is there. We need a big 1st down, TJ is there.
                For 1 season and even that is debatable...here is one more group of "stats" for you to look over. Since this is the other debate "TJ makes the 1st downs and bigger 3rd down receptions" to go along with the "CJ is only good because of TJ" crowd.

Chad Johnson had 93 rec of those 74 went for 1st downs that is a 79.6% of his catches. That percentage is 4th in the AFC. Of the three players listed above him none of them had more than 55 receptions in 2007. TJ is not on this list of top 20 for the AFC.

TJ did have 27 receptions on 3rd down that went for 1st downs, that did lead the AFC. CJ is only 2 players down on that list from him, with a mere 22 receptions made on 3rd down that went for 1st downs in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                  I dont think that Green Bay needs him. I find this post humerous. Considering that when Randy is on losing teams he causes a "distraction" by not playing to his full potential or giving a damn. Chad has been part of several losing seasons in Cincinnati and put up the same numbers every year.
                  I think the main problem with Chad is that he doesn't perceive himself to be the true number one. In years past TJ has been in Chads shadow, but with TJ's performance last year and Chad's injuries the spotlight shown on TJ. Chad wouldn't work with the Packers, because he wouldn't be a clear number one, he got to go to a team lacking that.

Comment

Our spread offense would piss Chad off I bet even if we went 19-0

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

For 1 season and even that is debatable...here is one more group of "stats" for you to look over. Since this is the other debate "TJ makes the 1st downs and bigger 3rd down receptions" to go along with the "CJ is only good because of TJ" crowd.

Chad Johnson had 93 rec of those 74 went for 1st downs that is a 79.6% of his catches. That percentage is 4th in the AFC. Of the three players listed above him none of them had more than 55 receptions in 2007. TJ is not on this list of top 20 for the AFC.

TJ did have 27 receptions on 3rd down that went for 1st downs, that did lead the AFC. CJ is only 2 players down on that list from him, with a mere 22 receptions made on 3rd down that went for 1st downs in 2007.
                      What's with the one-sided stuff?

2007 Chad Johnson
                      160 targets, 93 receptions, 58.125% catch rate
                      1440 yards, 15.5 ypr, 8 Tds, 27 20+, 4 40+
                      74 receptions for first down

2007 TJ Housh
                      168 targets, 112 receptions, 66.667% catch rate
                      1143 yards, 10.2 ypr, 12 Tds, 9 20+, 1 40+
                      70 receptions for first down

Johnson racks up yardage, but the touchdowns come in bunches. He scored all 8 touchdowns in 2007 in only 4 games (1- Wk 1 BAL, 2- Wk 2 @ CLE, 3- Wk 13 TEN, 2- Wk 17 @MIA), just like he scored all 7 touchdowns in 2006 in only 4 games (1- Wk 2 CLE, 1- Wk 8 ATL, 2- Wk 10 SD, 3- Wk 11 @NO). He hasn't scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers since Week 11 of the 2004 season, and that's including the 2005 wildcard playoff game at home where he was a lunatic at halftime.
                      Last edited by Geo; 04-17-2008, 12:10 AM.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

well its becasue of carson palmer he needs to stay consistant

Comment

Carson made Chris Henry into an 9-TD #3 receiver. Carson is the saving grace to the Cincinnati Bengals franchise, he's anything but the problem.

Like we saw in the Patriots game last season, Johnson ran the wrong route and then proceeded to ***** and whine at Palmer afterwards on national TV. Carson has to deal with this nonsense unfortunately, and he'll have to bite his tongue for at least one more year until TJ is re-signed and the team drafts at least one new talent at receiver.
                          Last edited by Geo; 04-17-2008, 12:22 AM.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I wonder how long it'll be until Chad is doing situps in his driveway and having press confrences outside his house with Rosenhaus.

Bengals.com has a great writeup on how the Bengals will react to this. Basically, with the way the salary cap is, the Bengals would be killing themselves by trading him. It would be an 8 million dollar cap hit and the Bengals would have to cut some veterans just to make up for that. Plus, with the release of Chris Henry, they're already weak at that position.

When was the last time a player made a threat like this and actually went through with it? I know Keenan McCardell did it a few years ago, but Chad will report at some point.

He's not doing himself any favors by calling out Carson, Marvin and the organization.

Comment

A good point was brought up by ESPN. Lance Briggs last year "I will never play for the Chicago Bears again bam franchise tag... now signed a multi year deal. Ya Chad doesn't want to play for the Bengals but Chad does want money and if he isnt traded and wont play...well he don't get no money then. The Bengals cap hit would be huge but Chad has questioned Carson, coaches, the team etc. Eventually with players like this taking the cap hit becomes worth it. It will be very hard to move Chad with all the money involved and I find it unlikely he would sit and not play.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

You will NEVER hear me say TJ makes CJ or vice versa. It's just not the case. I'm tired of all the people that say one makes the other or that they make Carson or Carson makes them. They're all very good players.

Chad has more dropsies than TJ (which isn't saying much, TJ has velcro).

You're looking at stats.... I'm looking at EVERY Bengals game since our trio has become so strong. I'd dare you to find a Bengals fan that says Chad makes bigger plays.

Against Denver in '06... With the playoffs on the line. He had a fumble loss that KILLED us, a BONEHEAD illegal formation call that cost us a 70+ yard TD to Henry and didn't fight for a ball that ended up a red zone INT.

He is, IMO, the best deep play WR in the league and he's money on sideline routes. A finesse WR. TJ does the hard work, doesn't complain and makes plays. He comes to play in big games, Chad comes to play against teams in the cellar.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information