Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    Now this I would do.

Imaging if the Lions got Derrick Harvey and Jeff Otah/Chris Williams at 11 and 15.

OMG!
    No imagine the #22 pick and Bobby Carpenter. Let that marinate for a second.... Yea you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
      No imagine the #22 pick and Bobby Carpenter. Let that marinate for a second.... Yea you like it.
      [runs away screaming in horror]

AHHHHHHHH!
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
        lmfao hahaha

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Now this I would do.

Imaging if the Lions got Derrick Harvey and Jeff Otah/Chris Williams at 11 and 15.

OMG!
          who would be your second wr?

Comment

Now this I would do.

OMG!
            11 would be prime postion for Devin Thomas...

Comment

so Matt Millen is going to trade one of the few draft picks he actually got right?

Makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                who would be your second wr?
                Mike Furrey.

The thing you guys forget is that Roy is gonna bolt Detroit. Either we continually franchise (and overpay) him, or we lose him for nothing after this year. And if we do franchise him, he won't be happy to be here.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  so Matt Millen is going to trade one of the few draft picks he actually got right?

Makes sense to me.
                  Is he supposed to sign Willams (a FA after 08) long-term, BBD? You never struck me as a guy who would spend big money on two receivers at once.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...70/1048/sports

not gonna happen....get those pickles in your pockets under control NFC east fans, lol

good quote in there:

Coach Rod Marinelli has denied the Lions will trade Williams — strongly and repeatedly — comparing himself to an old dad shooing away suitors for his pretty daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

not gonna happen....get those pickles in your pockets under control NFC east fans, lol

good quote in there:
                      I've heard this disputed though. He is not the GM. But I've also heard that the Lions will only deal if they get a "Herschel Walker" offer.

Comment

Yeah, look how well they got that type of deal last year when Calvin Johnson fell to their pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          Is he supposed to sign Willams (a FA after 08) long-term, BBD? You never struck me as a guy who would spend big money on two receivers at once.
                          good question.

Me personally, I feel that the WR position is the most overrated position in football, and I wouldn't even draft one in the first round. Id get mine exclusively through later rounds and FA.

However, in Detroit's case, I think they need to hold onto as much talent as they can long term as possible. Let's face it, this is not a good drafting team, its not like we can assume theyll be fine without him by spending their money and drafting well to accommodate his absence.

Also, lets not forget that you have a qb waiting in the wings. Why get rid of what is at the moment his most consistent playmaker on offense? I think you can spend big money on 2 WRs in today's league if you want to, if you allot your money wisely in other places.

You have a Tampa 2 defense, that saves a lot of money which allows you to spend more offensively. Now if they can just draft talent at oline, and save money by getting quality mid round RBs used in an RBC tandem, thats good enough.

The money has to be spent wisely to pull it off, and Detroit has the schemes in place to do it, they just have to be better at management to pull it off. Can Millen of all ppl be the one to do this? I don't know, i doubt it honestly. But it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Yeah, look how well they got that type of deal last year when Calvin Johnson fell to their pick.
                            exactly. i bet gruden was letting f-bombs fly in the buccaneers war room that day....

if i were the lions i would have jumped down just for a 3rd rounder even. the browns werent going to take gaines adams and getting any player at 4 would have been cheaper than any player at 2....

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

good quote in there:
                              This part was more revealing imo:

But the talk persists. In the latest episode, Eagles radio analyst Mike Quick says there will be news on Williams before the week is out. GCobb.com — a Web site run by former Lions, Eagles and Cowboys linebacker Garry Cobb, now a Philadelphia media personality — reports “that means the Cowboys, Redskins or the Eagles will probably wind up with the receiver.”

At the Lions’ pre-draft news conference today, Millen was asked if there was any way the Lions would trade Williams. He just laughed.

Seated next to Millen, Marinelli said: “Don’t even ask me.” Asked if that meant no, Millen continued to laugh and said: “That thing is brutal.”

Comment

id love me some ocho but id have no problems with roy either. ultimately i dont care if its ocho, roy, or anquan. as long as its one of them. and im getting more and more confident that one of the three will be a skin by week 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information