Roy Williams bidding war?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
    id love me some ocho but id have no problems with roy either. ultimately i dont care if its ocho, roy, or anquan. as long as its one of them. and im getting more and more confident that one of the three will be a skin by week 1.
    based on the skins past, id say your most likely to have CJ out of that crew....id personally prefer anquan but hes beastly, and that could just be me, lol

Comment

That would just be weird if Dallas had 2 Roy Williams'.

Comment

I hope the Eagles get him, Lito is a non need and would be a waste just having him at nickel.

That is pretty funny that Millen never managed to trade Charles Rogers, or Mike Williams (even though they all ended up cut) but he tries to trade his one good draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
          I hope the Eagles get him, Lito is a non need and would be a waste just having him at nickel.

That is pretty funny that Millen never managed to trade Charles Rogers, or Mike Williams (even though they all ended up cut) but he tries to trade his one good draft pick.
          Except Lito would be the #2, not the nickel.

Comment

The way to look at it, I think, is like this. The Lions could have:
            • Roy Williams signed long-term + DE Gaines Adams + whatever else Tampa Bay was willing to offer last year; or
            • Calvin Johnson, the best WR prospect ever and years younger than Roy Williams, signed long-term + whatever they get this year (or next) for Roy
            To be honest, I like the second option better, especially if they can land DE Derrick Harvey at #15 and RB Jonathan Stewart with another first round pick. It's not like Adams was a once-in-a-decade prospect or anything, he was a good prospect though.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Trading Roy is just not a good idea. I hope the old dad can push away these suitors for one more week. We will have the money to resign Roy next offseason. Why? Because we have no one else good to resign. We don't have to worry about Sims until 2011, Calvin is locked up, Redding is locked up, nobody else is worth it besides maybe Bodden but he is signed for 2008 and 2009. Furrey and McDonald need to prove something without Martz IMO and they better work on their run blocking. If Furrey/McDonald prove something then maybe franchise Roy and trade him on draft day in 2009. They'll be a market. We've got the entire NFC East drooling this year. Think about Roy playing in a contract year. He's going to be working hard all year to earn that money, he better do it in a Lions uniform.

And screw any NFC team. Lets just fix the Eagles and Cowboys one weakness. Find your own receiver, I refuse to use 3 WRs in a row and not have one on the roster. If you're going to trade him send him to the AFC.

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more MNYM2!

Comment

wow i just realized that would be crazy if skins took phillips at 21

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    [runs away screaming in horror]

AHHHHHHHH!
                    What.....? No.... why?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      11 would be prime postion for Devin Thomas...
                      THAT IS THE MOST ORIGINAL JOKE I'VE EVER SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF COMEDY! YOU SIR, ARE FUNNY!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Eh. I love Roy but I would trade him for the right price.. It'd take a lot, though.

Comment

Washington should grab Chad, and let us take over Roy...I really dont think Boldin will be traded, he was the team captain for them this year, I'd imagine the fans would start a sh*t storm if he was traded, but I can only imagine the punishment we could inflict on DB's with Boldin and TO split out wide.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            No imagine the #22 pick and Bobby Carpenter. Let that marinate for a second.... Yea you like it.
                            i would LOVE it if we got roy for #22 and carp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              Eh. I love Roy but I would trade him for the right price.. It'd take a lot, though.
                              My sentiments exactly. A 1st year and a 1st next year sounds right.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

That's asking for too much imo. But if the Lions can somehow get that, great.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information