Shaun Alexander to be released today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom View Post
    That's what I'm talking about, Willie Parker and Shaun Alexander in the same backfield! Broken legged running backs galore! Shaun finally gets his superbowl ring and we can pass on run dmc in the first
    I think Willie intentionally broke his leg to spare him from Mike "Herm vol. 2" Tomlin's running him into the ground.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
    The Destroyer Is Manifest!
    I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

I think Shaun Alexander puts the lotion in the freaking basket

Comment

Im not too suprised about his career sprialling down like this. I remember in '04 when ahman started going bad. its sad, but thats what happens to RB's now a days.

I think he'll go to Pitt, Detroit, or maybe even Chicago.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
          He's shown some flashes. He had that 200 yard game against the Packers when he came back from the broken foot. He played adequately last season before he broke his hand. The idea of having a running back try to play with a cast is idiotic.

He's not going to come anywhere near his MVP level, But I think he'd be an adequate payer if he doesn't break anything else. There's several teams that he'd be an improvement for.
          Yep, he ran well when he had some space but the 'Hawks interior o-line was just atrocious last season, and he was really hampered by the cast. He always switches the ball between hands and would use his off arm so well. Playing with the cast took a lot out of his game. He ran really well in the playoffs against the Bears in '06 and the young line really seemed to be gelling, but Sims and Spencer really regressed last year and Chris Gray is just terrible.

I think he has gas left in the tank, and his vision is close to the best I've ever seen.

Comment

Adam is reporting it's done now. He's gone.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
              Im not too suprised about his career sprialling down like this. I remember in '04 when ahman started going bad. its sad, but thats what happens to RB's now a days.

I think he'll go to Pitt, Detroit, or maybe even Chicago.
              eh, idk about that. i think his name came up a while back when the talk of him first being cut was happening and i think the general consensus was that we really dont need an oft-injured, over the hill back who seems to lack that fire. we already have benson who so far has been an oft-injured back who lacks any kind of real fire......

i was kind of hoping for a little while that the cards would toss out edge. i think he could be a little more worthwhile...but that was poo-pooed as well

Comment

has anyone noticed that Shaun Alexander looks a lot like Barak Obama?

Comment

racist........

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

racist........
                    wtf? that's not racist at all.. I can't comment on black people looking alike because that makes me a racist? check his pic on the nfl page... he has the same smile and stare... not to mention I voted for barak, so I don't see it as being a bad thing...

I think you're the racist, thinking that all black people are the same cause their black, and that's the only similarity they could have..

Comment

He had a good few years, never dropped his softy title
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

They look nothing alike.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

That guy was Aaron Schatz, and it's 370 carries. He has a very good website that does heavy analysis on the NFL.
                          Was it 370 carries outright? Or 370 formulated carries?

The former is obvious enough, I would think, but I put stock in the latter myself. Just can't remember if it's FO or FF Today that came up with it.

Basically, Formulated carries = Rushing Attempts + (0.5)(Receptions)

Putting more stock in the workload of a back than merely just the rushing total, and exceeding 370 f/carries is worrisome territory.

Look at Steven Jackson. 2006: 346 rushes for 1528 yds and 13 tds, 90 rec for 806 yds and 3 tds. That's less than 370 carries ... but 391 f/carries. Look at the workload. Not good, and wouldn't you know it, injury hit S-Jax in 2007. Coincidence? You decide, I guess.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Predicted a long time ago, who do you think picks him up?

Comment

wtf? that's not racist at all.. I can't comment on black people looking alike because that makes me a racist? check his pic on the nfl page... he has the same smile and stare... not to mention I voted for barak, so I don't see it as being a bad thing...

I think you're the racist, thinking that all black people are the same cause their black, and that's the only similarity they could have..
                              Ok, from here on out, when I crack a joke at your expense, I shall use the following format to compensate for your crippling inability to detect sarcasm...

[SARCASM]racist........[/SARCASM]

Incidentally, ESPN reported that he's not actually cut yet. He's taking a physical that, pending the results, will detirmine his future with the team.

Comment

Just reported that he was released if i read that right....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information