Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jared Allen traded to the Vikings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by eazyb81 View Post
    1. He doesn't want to sign with KC and has said so repeatedly, and

    2. He's one incident away from getting a one year suspension due to his prior DUIs.
    He has cleaned up his act since the DUIs.

    Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
      Let's say the Chiefs get a 1st and a 3rd from him. Let's say the Vikings, as they have said extra third and are the highest rumored team.

      That would give the Chiefs, and let's say the Chiefs get the early 3rd (Denver's). That gives the Chiefs, in the first 3 rounds, 5, 17, 35, 66, 73. That's a heck of a lot of talent that can be added to help the Chiefs rebuild faster. Yes, Allen is dominant, but the Chiefs have holes right now.

      For Peterson, this does give him the flexibility of going QB early if he wants to.
      Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, and we could do a lot with those picks, but we all know how getting pressure is really important in this league. Look at the Giants last year, perfect example. Getting pressure is key and right now we have someone that can challenge for the sack title each year.

      The extra picks would help a lot, I just think trading away the most important part of our defense to get them is a mistake.

      Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
        If that's the way it works out, then yes, that would be ideal. But there's a very solid possibility that the top 5 OL guys are off before 17, leaving guys like Cherilus, Brown, Collins, Baker, the latter three huge reaches at 17.
        That is certainly a possibility, but I think the odds are in KC's favor that at least one of the top five is there at 17.

        If not, then you take BPA again at 17. KC needs help just about everywhere.


        Originally posted by BrownsTown

        If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

        2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
          He has cleaned up his act since the DUIs.
          So he says, and all it takes is one more mistake. Plus, he just opened a new bar - I'm sure he'll be able to avoid temptations, right?

          Sorry, but I'm not comfortable giving $30+ mill to a guy that is such a high-risk.


          Originally posted by BrownsTown

          If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

          2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

          Comment


          • #20
            They're going "BPA" at five whether Allen is traded or not. Period.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by eazyb81 View Post
              So he says, and all it takes is one more mistake. Plus, he just opened a new bar - I'm sure he'll be able to avoid temptations, right?

              Sorry, but I'm not comfortable giving $30+ mill to a guy that is such a high-risk.
              Well that's where we differ.DE's like Jared do not just grow on trees.trading him will set us back another 5-10 years

              Comment


              • #22
                Gaines and Allen will be one hell of a DE combo.

                Comment


                • #23
                  If Minnesota could land him for a 1st and a 3rd, they should jump all over this. Allen is a tremendous player.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                    Well that's where we differ.DE's like Jared do not just grow on trees.trading him will set us back another 5-10 years
                    I know he is a great player, but losing a DE will not set your team back 10 years no matter how good he is.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Allen will be better then every DE coming out of this draft so I do not hesitate to give the Chiefs what they are asking for. The Williams and Allen would make a dominate D Line.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                        Let's say the Chiefs get a 1st and a 3rd from him. Let's say the Vikings, as they have said extra third and are the highest rumored team.

                        That would give the Chiefs, and let's say the Chiefs get the early 3rd (Denver's). That gives the Chiefs, in the first 3 rounds, 5, 17, 35, 66, 73. That's a heck of a lot of talent that can be added to help the Chiefs rebuild faster. Yes, Allen is dominant, but the Chiefs have holes right now.

                        For Peterson, this does give him the flexibility of going QB early if he wants to.

                        If that were the deal it would give the Chiefs the flexibilty to take a Ryan or a Brohm with one of those two number ones and still get the OL they have been talking about. They have been talking about liking Jordy Nelson so they could gamble he's there early in round 3 or take him at 35. I like Allen but i think he can be replaced. Remember he was a 4th round pick himself.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The Chiefs are a team without an identity. We were starting to get one with our defense. It was actually getting quite good, but I don't see how this can be anything but bad for a struggling team. It might not set our team back 5-10 years but it will definitely set our defense back a long way. Like T-Rich said, players of Jared Allens caliber don't grow on trees.

                          No matter what we get (1st and 2nd, 1st and 3rd) I think we're making a mistake in letting him go. It never should have gotten to this point. The franchise tag should not have been used. He should have been signed to a long term deal.

                          Long live "King" Carl.

                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Wow, if the Vikings get Allen, that would be pretty sick. I mean, any defensive end the Vikings would get with that first would be no where comparable to Allen. At least, not for a few years, and if then, they could just bust.

                            Really sounds like this deal is going to get done too. Props to the Vikings, or the Bucs (though they seem to be on the outside looking in now) if they get a deal done.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              chad johnson for jared allen?


                              Originally posted by mythbusta
                              i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                              who dey?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                                chad johnson for jared allen?
                                I don't know why the Chiefs would want Chad Johnson if they're rebuilding.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information