Pacman traded to Dallas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas to ME!!!!

No one is more happier than I that Pacman is now officially a Cowboy!!!! Jerry Jones does it again!

Mount up Cowboys fans! This here is the wildest ride in the wilderness! Woooooo hoooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
      So where, I wonder, does this leave the Cowboys in terms of drafting a CB in the first round? With Newman and Jones the Cowboys have two Pro Bowl caliber starters. A 2nd Round Pick would probably the ideal spot for a corner in Dallas. At 61 you may have a guy like Tracy Porter, Patrick Lee, or Charles Godfrey there. You'll probably have at least one of those guys available there. Now, in the first round there arises a dilemma. Wide Receiver and Running Back seem like the two most prominent needs offensively, with Cornerback and Safety still needs on defense to a lesser extent.

So where does this leave Dallas?

That 22nd or 28th pick gives the team a lot of options. With teams trying to get into the back of the first round for Joe Flacco, Chad Henne, etc, there's always that possibility of a trade that would net Dallas a 2009 First or Second Round Pick.

If they stay at 22 and 28, you could be looking at combinations such as Limas Sweed-Tyrell Johnson, Mike Jenkins-Felix Jones, etc...

Interesting dilemma for the Cowboys who, before this trade, I expected to move up potentially 5-10 picks for a CB such as Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. This trade gives them the ability to look at trades down, knowing they can pick up a CB later because it is now less urgent a need.

I feel like even with Pacman, CB would be a glaring need...our two starters are 30, one with a contract coming soon, and literally no depth behind them...We dont have to get them all this year, but I think we learned a hard lesson last year about DB play, we only had two good corners and it was rare that both were healthy at the same time, so considering they got older it's normal to assume that trend continues, and both will miss a few games...That leaves Pacman Jones who won't be up to speed himself, so 22 is still our best bet to take a DB, and makes Cason a more obvious choice because he is an NFL ready corner and could step in and play Nickel right away...We were going to draft two corners more then likely, and still needed to get two guys who could contribute this year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
          And as long as Albert Haynesworth still has a job, no Titans fan should lecture the Cowboys on having character players.
          Albert Haynesworth kicked someone in the grill. Pacman was " involved" with a killing( and more) and Tank Williams had enough ammunition to invade Canada. Not too mention the Cowboys actively pursued these players after their offenses and BROUGHT them onto their team. The Titians choose not to boot someone off their team. Dallas appears much more shady to me.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Obviously this thread is filled with comments of fans who think Pacman will destroy the Cowboys. But really... do you honestly think Jerry will tolerate any serious misconduct by him that will hurt the Cowboys? You better believe there will be clauses in his contract that prevents him from hurting the Cowboys in any case.

If it were any other Owner/GM, I'd be worried. But Jerry has been there and done this before in the past. He knows just what to do and how to handle things. Many, many times over. Relax.

Comment

Comeback player of the year.

Comment

I just need to say that I have unfortunately started a trend...

The Cowboys DT is Tank Johnson, not Tank Williams. Tank Williams is a former SS for the Titans and was recently signed by the Patriots.

That was a Freudian slip on my part. Sorry guys! -_-"
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

something intresting they said on ESPN was " he will come in right away and start ahead of anthony henry" i wonder if thats true

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                    something intresting they said on ESPN was " he will come in right away and start ahead of anthony henry" i wonder if thats true
                    How would they know that now? Dallas doesn't even know what kind of playing shape he's in. Maybe they said, he could come in and start ahead of Henry, but there's no way they can say he will. Dallas just lost 2 back up corners in Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones. That's who Pacman is replacing for now.

The logic however, is not hard to see. If in fact, Pacman can come in and show that he deserves to start, then the Cowboys will have the option of moving Henry to FS and Hamlin to SS. Something that has been long rumored.

Comment

I will go on record and say he will not start ahead of Anthony Henry. Like D said, who knows what kind of shape he is in? You'd imagine there would be a great deal of rust. Anthony has done nothing to be demoted and is making big money. Pacman will start eventually but, barring injury...he'll most likely be playing nickel and that is fine w/ me. I still dont like him, though...but, I'll give em a chance.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

nooooooooooooooooo this is a good deal for the cowboys if he comes back and stays out of trouble.

Comment

For a fourth rounder you have to like this if you are a Cowboys fan, he is a great talent who obviously is an idiot, but the reward outweighs the risk in my opinion. The Titans pretty much were just trying to salvage their top ten pick shipwreck, a 4th rounder is better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Comeback player of the year.
                            Doesn't he have to play for sure before that can happen?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Ha ha imagine if the cowboys picked up Chad Johnson too? Pretty much every hated player would be on Dallas
                              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

damn, good deal for the cowboys i hope he screws the whole team up though...now we really need boldin or roy or cj

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information