No announcement yet.

#1 Overall for 2009 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oher is a very good contender. It also depends on the underclassmen because there are some good ones. Guys like Beanie Wells, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford (RS soph.), Michael Crabtree (RS soph.). I'm already looing forward to next year.

Comment

I'm hoping its Mike Oher and I think it will be him.

Comment

ive been on the malcolm jenkins train for a while, probably his biggest fan on this board. he just has amazing size+speed+hands to not take #1. i feel you take a bookend tackle, quarterback, pass rushing DE or a shutdown CB for the #1 pick. i like beanie wells and its better to take a bruiser rb early than a guy who just has speed because i feel if used right can have a longer career (although he is a little ***** and gets semi injured every game).

Comment

Tim Tebow is not leaving next year.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            I think the team with the top pick next year probably won't want a RB even if Beanie is the BPA like McFadden was this year. Who are the 'lucky' candidates? Kansas City, Atlanta, Oakland, San Francisco, Baltimore? Maybe if Chicago or Detroit has the #1 pick but I don't think they will. The 5 I mentioned could all use a stud tackle and not a runningback, so I say Oher is probably the favorite to go #1. Lots of good tackles between him and Loadholt, Boone, Unger, Monroe, and Andre Smith. I'll laugh if someone uses the #1 on Tim Tebow or Matt Stafford, I don't think either of those guys are gonna be good pros unless they really improve from last year (for Tebow in the pocket passer category, for Stafford in the consistency and accuracy category).
            i think stafford has the right tools to be an NFL QB he just has to be coached up a lot. i think georgia will let him throw the ball more this year, so we can see what hes really about

Comment

Michael Oher and Andre Smith will be at the top. Al Woods, the defensive tackle from LSU, should be high as well if he comes out.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                Michael Oher and Andre Smith will be at the top. Al Woods, the defensive tackle from LSU, should be high as well if he comes out.
                im a big fan of al woods should be a top 5 pick. also i like smith i just think he'll be a G in the nfl and you dont usually take guards that high.

Comment

As awesome as Beanie is, Crabtree The Great deserves no less than #1.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
                    im a big fan of al woods should be a top 5 pick. also i like smith i just think he'll be a G in the nfl and you dont usually take guards that high.
                    He is too athletic to be a guard, and he has lost 30 pounds this offseason by request of Nick Saban. He will be a tackle.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Phil Loadholt.......He's an absolute monster.

If all the Receivers come out next year, Jeremy Maclin will be the 1st receiver taken. Expecially after he runs a 4.22 in the 40 yard dash and teams watch Crabtree on film and see that he doesnt go over the middle and when you hit him a few times he disappears.

Comment

As to who owns the top pick it will be the Panthers :D

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                          He is too athletic to be a guard, and he has lost 30 pounds this offseason by request of Nick Saban. He will be a tackle.
                          what athleticism.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84-Mw...eature=related

jk

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                            Phil Loadholt.......He's an absolute monster.

If all the Receivers come out next year, Jeremy Maclin will be the 1st receiver taken. Expecially after he runs a 4.22 in the 40 yard dash and teams watch Crabtree on film and see that he doesnt go over the middle and when you hit him a few times he disappears.
                            Wait so you're telling me he could've added on to his record setting season this year if he was tougher? Man....

I'd say the guy didn't disappear with the season he had.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Terrance Taylor won't be a top pick but if he ends up a giant I'll be extatic.

Comment

Michael Oher is a very good prospect, but he's from Mississippi. Just an inside joke for people from Mississippi...we suck! And for those people who throw Eli in my face, remember he was a Manning.

I like Malcolm Jenkins, I think he'll be a top 3 pick but don't think he'll go number one.

Why not James Laurinatis? I really think he'll be a top pick. Otherwise, I like Stafford, Andre Smith, Michael Crabtree, and a top-10 pick in Percy Harvin. Wells should be in consideration too, but he's been mentioned repeatedly in this thread.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information