X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lito Sheppard to the Jags?

Apparently it could happen soon.

JAGS ENTER LITO SHUFFLE
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2008, 4:56 p.m.
    Even though the draft is over, the Jacksonville Jaguars are continuing to try to swing deals that will make their team better in 2008.

The next addition could be Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard, who is squarely on the trading block but who was not traded over the weekend.

Per the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Jags and Eags are discussing a deal that would send a “package” of 2009 draft picks to Philly for Sheppard.

Such a move would add firepower to a 2009 draft board that already includes two first-round picks. And it would give the Eagles ammo in the event that they make a run later in the offseason at one of the established veteran receivers they are widely believed to be coveting.

For the Jaguars, it would give them another weapon in the ongoing quest to wrest the AFC South title from the Indianapolis Colts, and at the same time establish even more separation from the Titans, whose relative inactivity during the 2008 offseason might plunge them into a battle with the improving Texans for the basement of what might be the best division in the league.

this would mean Brian Williams is moving to safety....hopefully it's nothing more than a 3rd and 5th...

Comment

Meh...I only like it if the price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
        this would mean Brian Williams is moving to safety....hopefully it's nothing more than a 3rd and 5th...
        Hahha. No way. Espicially if the deal is done after the draft. Next years picks aren't going to have that much value right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          Hahha. No way. Espicially if the deal is done after the draft. Next years picks aren't going to have that much value right now.
          I would not expect a second rounder....but it's probably what it is....which would suck because we always strike gold with our 2nd rounders...

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
            I would not expect a second rounder....but it's probably what it is....which would suck because we always strike gold with our 2nd rounders...
            A second for Lito isn't bad. He's a great player and signed to a decent contract, even though a new contract would probably accompany a trade.

Comment

I don't think they're gonna do it. Right now, he's making less money than Drayton Florence. He's gonna want a new contract that pays him $7 million+ per year.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                I don't think they're gonna do it. Right now, he's making less money than Drayton Florence. He's gonna want a new contract that pays him $7 million+ per year.
                But...if they're looking to move Brian Williams to safety...a trade for Lito would make sense...

Comment

I honestly would just prefer to keep him at this point.

Comment

The Eagles should keep him, the offensives in the division are stacked.

Comment

I think the Iggles should just keep him. If the Jags traded for him where would that put Brian Wililams? As the dime back?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                        I think the Iggles should just keep him. If the Jags traded for him where would that put Brian Wililams? As the dime back?
                        There is talk of B-Will moving to safety.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          there has been wide speculation that Brian Williams was going to be moved to Strong Safety....Brian Williams is a better corner than a lot of people give him credit for...if this happened I would think that Williams would be moving to safety...

Comment

If the Eagles weren't taking a high second rounder at the draft, why will they take one once the draft is gone and they don't know what type of positioning they'll get?

If it's to the Jaguars, i doubt it's just for a 2nd, which would pretty much be a 3rd cause of how low it is. If Philly gives him away for chump change i'll eat my fist.

Comment

It would be nice having 3 1st rounders next year.... ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information