Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time to jump on the forte bus

Comment

I agree with bf51, this seems more trivial than anything, relatively speaking. The guy was drunk in a boat, oh noes. We're not talking about some dumbass drunk driving and putting families at risk, or was in some high speed chase with the cops, or having some international drug-selling scheme involving cough medicine, and so on.

It's not worth cutting the guy over, although I wonder if the Bears aren't interested in recently available Dom Rhodes ... and if they are, Benson is gone.
      Last edited by Geo; 05-04-2008, 11:59 AM.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Benson lacks passion for the game, point blank...I should of seen this a long time ago when he was going back and forth with baseball,and breaking into people's houses, I would call him a waste of a talent but at this point he just looks like a waste of a draft pick.

I'm drafting Forte on my fantasy team before anyone else in my league I know that, he is more then likely going to end up the workhorse back with Wolfe in spot duty.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Forte is gonna be great. It makes me sad that Chicago got him.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Drunk in a boat is no big deal, but when your job is as precarious as Cedric's, why do ANYTHING?

Comment

He's wasn't just on the boat, he was operating it with 15 passengers on board. Boating accidents aren't so rare that operating a boat while drunk is some trivial thing....
              Last edited by Basileus777; 05-04-2008, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Does this prompt them to look into signing Shaun Alexander?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Benson is probably 50/50 to make the final roster anyway, depending upon if they think Forte is ready to start from day one.

I'm pretty strongly against drunk driving in general, but I also know what total asswhipes lake patrol cops can be, so I'm really not that bothered by this. Usually when people drink and boat they are only putting themselves in harms way.
                  That's not really true. Every year somebody is killed by a drunk boater at this lake in northern Iowa that's a really popular party destination. Either last year or two years ago some boaters at night were literally run over by a drunk guy who was speeding around the lake.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                    Does this prompt them to look into signing Shaun Alexander?
                    I hope not, Alexander was a great player, but I think that his best years are way behind him. Not worth bringing him in.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Usually when people drink and boat they are only putting themselves in harms way.
                      I agree that lake cops are dicks but this part is just untrue. Some drunk moron hit family on my lake a couple of summers ago and killed them all. That's not the first time I have heard of something like that happening either. I'd have to say driving a boat/jetski is more dangerous than driving a car hammered... There a are no real set driving rules, no lanes to drive in, no stop lights, and much of the time the driver is doing something ( like pulling a skier) that takes their attention off driving. With that said, I've done it many times you just can't be an idiot while doing it, and that's the problem, basically everyone is an idiot.
                      Last edited by TitleTown088; 05-04-2008, 02:30 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        time to jump on the forte bus
                        more like

forte boat

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

this is the icing on the cake of a sorry career.
                          what a draft bust!!!

Sig by BoneKrusher
                          Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                            I saw the interview and i was under the impression that when deon asked what can jet's fans expect from him he said; ''Hopefully a Super Bowl in a couple years, if not this year." I have a feeling the above quote is misquoted and used more to slander gholston as a player, but i havn't heard it since the interview so i could be wrong as well.
                            your are right about it , this was exactly what i heared , too.

@topic; i never bought the cedric benson nor cadillac williams hype back in 05 . i still believe that ronnie will be MILES better than these both guys combined

Comment

Kid has been a thug from day one.
                              Originally posted by Paul
                              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

At 9:30 Benson was arrested on his boat, continued to argue with the officer refusing to do what he requested, resulting in the officer using pepper spray on Benson
                                Hahha I found that funny. Ya got maced *****

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information