Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mendenhall robbed at gunpoint

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/93...050508.article

University of Illinois star running back Rashard Mendenhall -- who was just drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers -- was robbed at gunpoint early Monday along the South Side lakefront, sources said.

Mendenhall, 20, was walking along the lake near 39th Street at 2 a.m. with another person when two people robbed him of his phone, cash and wallet, sources familiar with the investigation said.

Oh nice!

Man there are some dickheads around!

Comment

Hey, this is probably why Marvin Harrison has guns.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

2:00am on the Southside? That's a bad place to be even if you're with two or three other guys. Wrong place at the wrong time though looks like.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Pennsylvania baby.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

what else is going to go wrong? first he tweaks his hammy, and now he is robbed....

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
              what else is going to go wrong? first he tweaks his hammy, and now he is robbed....
              Wait, he tweaked his hammy?
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

It's okay, he'll have some spare cash soon.

Comment

Im sure in a few weeks they will claim a Bengal was the one who robbed him =(

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    Wait, he tweaked his hammy?
                    yea it was reported on NFL network

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                      Im sure in a few weeks they will claim a Bengal was the one who robbed him =(
                      LMAO. It was Keith Rivers. I knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        LMAO. It was Keith Rivers. I knew it.
                        Close...Keith Rivers Was in philly with a hand cannon shooting at people (he framed Marvin Harrison)

It was actually Billy Graham's son-in-law Corey Lynch that was in on the Mendenhall mugging.

Comment

Well Rivers would make sense in that Mendenhall ran all over USC in the Rose Bowl, maybe he still has a grudge. ;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                            Pennsylvania baby.
                            he was in Illinois dude unless i read it wrong....

outside of philly, i feel like PA is a pretty safe place actually. just don't be wearing brown in the woods during deer season....about the closest most people here will come to being shot, lol

Comment

Welcome to the NFL.
                              Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information