Rate the top NFL LTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate the top NFL LTs

List off your top LTs you would want if you were building a team from scratch so obviously age will play some part in this decision.

Mine are...

1. Joe Thomas
    2. Jamaal Brown
    3. Marcus McNeil
    4. Tony Ugoh
    5. Michael Roos
    6. Matt Light
    7. Jake Long
    8. D'brick Ferguson
    9. Levi Jones
    10. Levi Brown
    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Jake Long shouldnt be one there...at all. He is even considere to be best at RT. And levi brown is a RT isnt he?

Comment

Horrible list!

Levi Brown is a RT...and where is Walter Jones???

Comment

Jason Peters should be #2.

Comment

Joe Staley baby.. Manned the Tackle position like a VET!

Comment

Roos should be higher.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

1. Walter Jones
              2. Orlando Pace(based on his career)
              3. Jason Peters
              4. Joe Thomas (more to prove though)
              5. Matt Light
              6. Marcus McNeil
              7a. Flozell Adams
              7b. Jamaal Brown
              9. William Thomas
              10. Pick 1 of McKinnie,Samuels,Clifton,Ugoh(QB helps),David Diehl,Barnes

Comment

Matt Light is a little overrated because of the play of the line as a whole and having Tom Brady back there. Light can't handle speed rushers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Matt Light is a little overrated because of the play of the line as a whole and having Tom Brady back there. Light can't handle speed rushers.
                  Exactly, he just can't contain any speed rusher. Taylor, Feeney, Tuck, they were all across the line before he made his first step. Its pathetic actually.

What is McNeil's ranking based on his first year or his second because they're demonstrably different?

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                    1. Walter Jones
                    2. Orlando Pace(based on his career)
                    3. Jason Peters
                    4. Joe Thomas (more to prove though)
                    5. Matt Light
                    6. Marcus McNeil
                    7a. Flozell Adams
                    7b. Jamaal Brown
                    9. William Thomas
                    10. Pick 1 of McKinnie,Samuels,Clifton,Ugoh(QB helps),David Diehl,Barnes
                    If i would build my franchise, i wouldnt choose guys that are older than 28

Comment

1a. Michael Roos
                      1b. Jason Peters
                      3. Joe Thomas
                      4. Marcus McNeil
                      5. Levi Jones (he's been injured a lot lately but two years ago he was incredible and with a better coaching staff/organization he would revert to form)
                      6. D'Brickashaw(spl?) Ferguson
                      7. Jamal Brown
                      8. Bryant McKinnie
                      9. Tony Ugoh
                      10. Khalif Barnes
                      Last edited by TheGreatEscape; 05-12-2008, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                        If i would build my franchise, i wouldnt choose guys that are older than 28
                        Its a win now league. I think Pace/Jones are the best current players by far in the NFL. GMs/coaches except for Millen(unfortuanately), only have 2-3 years to do some winning or they are on the hot seat. I'll start with Jones now and then draft a replacement in depending on when he feels like calling it quits who will be groomed by the best LT in the game.

My Right Tackle would be a young guy from the same list.
                        Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2; 05-12-2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I'm not going to argue about Jones, even though I think Peters and Rooos are closer than you'd admit. But how can you build a team about a LT who is more likely to be hurt. Than he is to play in Pace? This guy is nearing the end of his career and will be an injury concern who demands having young replacement on hand.

Comment

Win now is correct, but I believe there are some guys in the NFL at LT that represent an even coverage of both worlds - top talent now, plenty of years to go. If I'm building a team, I don't think I go for a somewhat small increase in ability for a significant descrease in longevity. I mean, it's not like there aren't young LT's already playing exceptionally. Good to great is not as big a gap as young to old IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                              I'm not going to argue about Jones, even though I think Peters and Rooos are closer than you'd admit. But how can you build a team about a LT who is more likely to be hurt. Than he is to play in Pace? This guy is nearing the end of his career and will be an injury concern who demands having young replacement on hand.

I will have a young replacement on hand. My Right Tackle will be a young guy from the list because I'm an awesome GM. LOL.

The list is which LT will you build your team on. It would be Jones/Pace because I want to win now. But also my Right Tackle will be awesome too in case of injury. Thats the key to the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information