No announcement yet.

Rate the top NFL LTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are correct my friend. Via NFL.com aswell! :)

Comment

Initial glance leaves me surprised to see Jamaal Brown ranked so high, given how speed rushers give him fits.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

1a.Jason Peters
        1b.Joe Thomas(I am a browns fan, and would put peters ahead of thomas)
        3.Walter Jones
        4.Marcus Mcniel
        5.Roos/Samuels/Brown

Comment

Originally posted by 757Dawg View Post
          As someone who saw every snap of every Browns game last year, I can tell you for a clear cut fact that those numbers are wrong. Joe Thomas didn't allow 4.5 sacks; that's just ridiculous.

And any list that doesn't feature Thomas #1, or #2 at the very least, is also ridiculous.
          Isn't it because of the first Steelers game ? The Browns O-line was abused

Comment

Originally posted by novembrefluo View Post
            Isn't it because of the first Steelers game ? The Browns O-line was abused

Most likely 6 sacks in that game with Charlie Frye in. Amazing how a QB makes the difference. Just like with Peyton, Ugoh is not some all world player, Peyton makes a big difference.

Its tough to see who is at fault against a 3-4 defense.

Comment

Originally posted by 757Dawg View Post

And any list that doesn't feature Thomas #1, or #2 at the very least, is also ridiculous.
              I can understand someone being hesitant to put him up there as he has only played one year, even though I myself would put him at #2.

Also, as someone already said, D'Brickashaw Ferguson was not anything special last year or his rookie season and shouldn't be anywhere near top 10

Comment

Ferguson gave up more sacks last year than he did in his rookie year

Comment

McNeil over Thomas any day

Comment

Since I'm a Jets fan and I watched every Jets game and watched a lot of Brick, I'll tell you a bit of his problems.
                    First off he had a 7 game span last year where he was absolute dominant. He was like the lone guy that consistently was beating the man infront of him, he owned Jason Taylor, Giants DEs, Trent Cole, Schobel, and I forget it was a while ago I am pretty sure these guys he owned, I know he destroyed Taylor for sure that game, form the very first snap where he knocked Taylor on his ass to the last snap.

Next he did struggle towards the end of the season where he started giving up sacks, some of them weren't his fault and were because of the mis communication on the OL and miss assignments, that sacks allowed is BS stat to me, you have to watch these guys to really understand them. Ferguson improved from his rookie season to last year, was still inconsistent, but once again his problems was keeping weight on. As a rookie he fell to under 280 at the end of the season. So he gained weight and was at 305 during training camp and then fell back down to low.
                    This year he is adding a lot of weight, he wants to get up to 320, this is what I heard, he thinks getting up that high he can maintain a 300+ body frame the whole season. Which he needs to be, under 300 is bad.
                    I think with Faneca next to him and him gaining weight he will be great this year, this will be the season he finally shows his enormous potential and becomes one of the better LT in the NFL.
                    The Jets O-linemen like Brandon Moore and Nick Mangold would tell you that our problems last year were that we didn't have any vets really, and had players that weren't making the right call or something and people were coming in for the sacks untouched. This year Faneca should make a impact, thats why we signed him. Woody should too, I think Woody will resurrect his career with Mangini being his HC and Bill Callahan the OL coach.

Thats my thoughts with Ferguson, I think hes a good LT and can be mentioned on this list, I think this year he really starts to show that he isn't average and starts to become one of the better at his position.
                    One thing you can't question is his work ethic, he is always at the Jets complex working out and trying to get better. Good player to have in your locker room. I still think he will make a few probowls in his career and have a very nice career.

Comment

You guys think Ugoh is better than D'Brickashaw?! I'm surprised.
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

You guys realize he said age is a factor? Some of you are putting 32 year old LTs, I wouldn't want one to build my team around.

Comment

wow, not one mentions Chad Clifton and he a better left tackle then most of these players you guys listed.

But if there was an age factor I would take Joe Thomas any day or David Diehl who I feel is underrated. For a first year LT, after playing LG for a while, he did an great job.
                          Last edited by PACKmanN; 05-12-2008, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
                            Trent Cole
                            Trent Cole: 6 tackles, 1 sack
                            Shut down indeed....

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              Trent Cole: 6 tackles, 1 sack
                              Shut down indeed....
                              I'm pretty sure he got the better of Trent Cole that game, I remember being impressed after words. I also remember that the sack Cole got wasn't off of Ferguson or something, and 6 tackles doesn't mean anything, those tackles could of been like down the field.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                                wow, not one mentions Chad Clifton and he a better left tackle then most of these players you guys listed.

But if there was an age factor I would take Joe Thomas any day or David Diehl who I feel is underrated. For a first year LT, after playing LG for a while, he did an great job.
                                Because of age, like you said
                                Joe Thomas and Chad Clifton is my ideal set
                                With Gosder Cherilus waiting in the wings

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information