Phillips to wear #21 to Honor Taylor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillips to wear #21 to Honor Taylor

I just saw on NFL Network, as reported by Adam Schefter, that Giants rookie S Kenny Phillips will wear #21. This is the number previously worn by Tiki Barber as we all know. Schefter says this is significant because he wants to honor the late Pro Bowl safety Sean Taylor. Phillips never actually met Taylor but feels compelled to do this.

I was already a big fan of Phillips, being a Miami fan and all, but now this makes him my favorite Defensive Player in the NFL now. Taylor was and will always be my favorite player, but now I am a life-long Kenny Phillips supporter!

Go #21

Thoughts, Comments?
    Last edited by thebow305; 05-13-2008, 10:47 AM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Supprting the Miami(FL) family and I think it's a nice move

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

forget all of that, i just want him to play like Sean Taylor (RIP).

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        That would be very nice to see. I'll be rooting for him for sure!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

I think this is a nice thing he is doing. Nice to see people have not forgotten Sean Taylor.RIP

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

You should have read comments on Extremeskins, early on, when their fans found out. They were ripping on him for that saying he should wear number 10.5. Interesting thread on that site.

Comment

That is awesome.
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                You should have read comments on Extremeskins, early on, when their fans found out. They were ripping on him for that saying he should wear number 10.5. Interesting thread on that site.
                extremeskins might have the dumbest collection of fans on the internet. unless theres a dallas website that trumps them, which is a strong possibility.

so far so good with Phillips, ive heard he's been lookin real good in minicamp.

Comment

hard to believe he never met him with so many former Miami players going back to train there.

Comment

I'm looking to somehow convert my Tiki Barber jersey into a Phillips jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      I'm looking to somehow convert my Tiki Barber jersey into a Phillips jersey.
                      i thought you didnt like Phillips?

Comment

Thats cool in my book.

Comment

i thought you didnt like Phillips?
                          I wasn't crazy about the pick, but I wouldn't say I don't like him. He just wouldn't have been my choice, but he is a Giant now and therefore I embrace him. I certainly like him more than I do Tiki at this point. I wouldn't purchase a Phillips jersey but I've heard you can sometimes buy just the name plates for the back of jerseys. If I can somehow get one to put over Barber's name and have it look somewhat good, I'm going to do it.

Comment

Thats a really nice gesture, sucks I can't really root for the kid.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Kid's going to be a solid pro IMO. Has some weight to put on and needs to become more disciplined, but he has a lot of tools that NFL teams covet. I think teams were just scared off by his lack of production but Miami was just awful last season and by no means was it KP's fault.

He'll never be Sean Taylor.. but we will never see another safety with the skill set of what Sean Taylor had. He had the potential to be the greatest safety who ever played... Scott himself said that Taylor was the best defensive prospect he'd ever scouted.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information