Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the Lions be better than the current Bengals if they had drafted Carson Palmer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
    If the raiders didnt draft gallery and draft pretty much anyone else in that draft, they would be better

Maybe a defensive player, but any offensive player would have been a bust for the Raiders. In the Raiders haven't had a offensive player have a great season since gannon won the MVP. Gallery had no chance........I wish would have drafted sean taylor at least the defense had continuity

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      No, I don't. As a Cincinnati Bengal.....

Carson Palmer never saw the field as a rookie except in the preseason. And you know what? He looked good as a rookie in the preseason, but that year gave him time to learn and adjust. I'm not sure the Lions would have been that smart. And remember, Roy was selected the next year, so as a rookie, Palmer would have nobody to throw to.

A good offensive line. Something the Bengals have had since Carson Palmer has been there. And there is nothing surprising about it. IIRC, both offensive tackles were top ten picks and Eric Steinbach was a steal at #33 for the Bengals. Meanwhile the Lions seem to have one of the worst in the league perpetually. Having that good offensive line does wonders for a QB's confidence, especially early in their career.

Marvin Lewis. I'd take him as a coach over anyone the Lions have had since '03. The Lions coaching could have harmed Palmer's development like I feel they did with Joey Harrington.

Also, if Carson Palmer hadn't been selected first, I think he would have fallen to fifth. Remember, Detroit and Houston just took QB's in the top three at that point.

And the Jets.... I think they would have taken Robertson over anyone. Plus at that point, Chad Pennington seemed like he was progressing as a QB.

Now, maybe Carson is being held back by the Bengals organization, but it could be a lot worse for him.
      The fifth pick that year was the Dallas Cowboys. Imagine them having Carson right now. Scary.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
        The fifth pick that year was the Dallas Cowboys. Imagine them having Carson right now. Scary.
        Not really. Romo > Carson, IMO.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Its impossible to project that the lions would have the same roster now if they drafted Carson you moron.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
            and IMNSHO you = wrong.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

lets not kid ourselves, we are talking about the lions, they would have taken a WR anyway!

Comment

wow, just wow. Yet somehow I'm not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                  If the Bengals had taken Newman or someone (Carson was not considered 100% the right pick at number 1), and the Lions snagged him, what would the landscape of the NFL look like? The NFC North?
                  Major flaw in your little situation you got here. The Lions would not have drafted Palmer. They were tied to Joey Harrington and he still wasn't proven a complete bust at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    I'm not 100% sure, but don't think being drafted by the Lions would remedy that problem.
                    haha, yes! blast them lions...

but like someone earlier said, i think any team but the pats and colts would be better off with carson.

hes sort of the forgotten man when people talk about franchise QBs because they bengals defense has been so awful its held him from accomplishing anything

Comment

LOL at the guy calling me a moron, or saying there's a serious flaw in the logic of this thread. Of course there is; that's why I said it's complete conjecture. It's a discussion not a realistic analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        and IMNSHO you = wrong.
                        And how is that?

Let's look at stats. This past year, Carson threw for 4131 yards, while Romo threw for 4211. Romo's completion % was worse by .5%. Romo threw for 36 TDs with a 6.9 TD%. Carson threw for 26 with 3.5 TD%. Romo had 19 INTs. Carson had 20. Surrounding cast? Chad + TJ > Owens + Crayton. Sure, we have Witten, and our running game was better. However, Carson arguably had the better line. He was only sacked 17 times, while Romo was sacked 24 times, and I'm pretty sure we all know Romo is more mobile than Palmer.

BoneKrusher

Comment

And how is that?

Let's look at stats. This past year, Carson threw for 4131 yards, while Romo threw for 4211. Romo's completion % was worse by .5%. Romo threw for 36 TDs with a 6.9 TD%. Carson threw for 26 with 3.5 TD%. Romo had 19 INTs. Carson had 20. Surrounding cast? Chad + TJ > Owens + Crayton. Sure, we have Witten, and our running game was better. However, Carson arguably had the better line. He was only sacked 17 times, while Romo was sacked 24 times, and I'm pretty sure we all know Romo is more mobile than Palmer.
                          True...Witten, a top 3 all around TE and a better, more explosive running game are insignificant enough to just toss in like that.

I'd say the O-lines are a wash, but the difference in the running game is huge.

Palmer is a beast, but the Bengals ask ALOT of this guy. He was basically asked to make up for a hideous D, no running game, and work with some key injuries on the O-line...though the backups played very admirably.

Personally, I think he could be a legend if he was a stable franchise...he's got time to become a legend but it's just so hard to get serious hype and national love when so many things are going wrong for a franchise. I believe that of most QB prospect with NFL skills, but a guy with Palmers skill level deserves to be on a franchise thats a little less ridiculous.

They have had their stuff together for like...one season...and 1 60 yard pass into his first playoff game that season he suffers a major injury because someone falls on him. Not cool.

Comment

IF the Bengals can manage to turn this around, Palmer could re-write some records.
                            Could imagine Palmer with Randy Moss? Palmer's cannon arm and accuracy with Moss' size and speed?
                            I think Palmer's arm strength is better than Brady's

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                              IF the Bengals can manage to turn this around, Palmer could re-write some records.
                              Could imagine Palmer with Randy Moss? Palmer's cannon arm and accuracy with Moss' size and speed?
                              I think Palmer's arm strength is better than Brady's

Quick reminder. Carson's wide receivers for the past few years have been Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Comment

Yeah a great tandem but any one of them are not as good as Randy Moss. And they are better at different teams. When it comes to running the streak routes none are better than Moss. Ask Brady and Culepepper about it.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information