17th game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17th game

It is rumored that comisioner Roger Goodell is going to take away one of the preseason games and lock in a 17th regular season game. Not Bad. But will that mean the end of the bye week and how will this game be played???

My opinion and theory is this

How about interleague play like in MLB?
    Examples:
    Oakland vs. San Fran
    Tampa vs. Miami
    Jets vs. Giants

It will be an extra NFC vs. AFC game. I think that is pretty much decided in the plan. With the AFC getting all home games one year and the NFC getting all the home games the next.

Comment

i want games in europe....

Comment

An extra NFC vs. AFC game would be sweet.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I hate the preseason the shorter the better...

Comment

I don't know about this, playoff teams pull starters week 15 and 16 anyway, why would it be any different in week 17? Granted some teams fighting for spots will be playing hard, but we will see alot of what we see in week 16...I will say, I can't complain about one more week of football though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              It will be an extra NFC vs. AFC game. I think that is pretty much decided in the plan. With the AFC getting all home games one year and the NFC getting all the home games the next.
              I thought that there was going to be 1 international game ala Giants Miami in london
              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                I thought that there was going to be 1 international game ala Giants Miami in london
                There still will be one international game. But they aren't going to play 16 extra international games as the extra week.

Comment

Won't this throw off the perfect balance of the 4 teams per division, divisions play each other, 8 divisions, 16 games scheduling thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
                    Won't this throw off the perfect balance of the 4 teams per division, divisions play each other, 8 divisions, 16 games scheduling thing?
                    A little bit but not really. They can still work it out. You could keep everything the same and then for instance have the all the teams from the NFC East play their counterparts in the standings the year before from the AFC West. If they aren't already playing the AFC West as a whole that year.

Comment

anything that shortens that damn preseasons is good by me.

plus this would eliminate the existance of .500 finishing records. that way, your team either has a winning season or a losing one. no more record purgatory.

Comment

There still will be one international game. But they aren't going to play 16 extra international games as the extra week.
                        16 international games sounds perfect to me 8 home 8 away 1 international I think that is where Goodell is going with this. That way no team has more/less home games. and international games come before bye weeks.
                        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I guess I'm one of the few that actually loves the pre season...Gives us a chance to see those younger guys in action who may not play all year until pre season...I look foward to those games and watch all the games beginning to end.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                            16 international games sounds perfect to me 8 home 8 away 1 international I think that is where Goodell is going with this. That way no team has more/less home games. and international games come before bye weeks.
                            I don't think that is where they are going. The NFL is a long ways away from having 16 games played overseas a season. The players hate it.

Comment

I don't think that is where they are going. The NFL is a long ways away from having 16 games played overseas a season. The players hate it.
                              yeah really. poor channing crowder didnt even know what language they spoke where he would have to play....in england......

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information