NFL Network's Top Ten Receiving Corps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
    That oline sure was dominant, especially in the superbowl, I can't believe how terrible Brady was given as much time as he was. Those giants CB sure a re dominant.
    i'm not sure what is sarcasm and what is not. but the o-line was dominant as hell in the regular season. brady had like 10 seconds to throw the ball each and every play almost. soo...yea.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      No Swann or Stallworth? I know they were a time where passing wasnt really a priority, but I do think they deserve to be on there.
      They were a part of the group that just missed the top ten, and I do see that they deserve consideration, but I can't see any group on the list being replaced by them either.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

2 redskins teams and joe gibbs on that number 1 offense, good list
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Bears 08 Receiving Corps > Air Coryell

Comment

Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams?? Did they even get consideration???

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              Chris Carter and Randy Moss > Everyone else
              my thoughts exactly. didnt even need to get past the 2nd post, lol.

plus, when talking about the nfl, its not like baseball in that you can go back as far as you want and its pretty much fair comparisons. anything before the superbowl era should be compared only to other things of the same era and same goes for after teh start of that era.

dunno if i made sense there....idk. but to see groups from the 50's and such on there? cmon....im sure they were great in their time with teh way the game was played but by todays standards, theres no comparison

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Smith??

If they get consideration, then Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn should as well
                that is my mistake....I thought we were discussing just two receivers....

I agree that we didn't really have anyone past those two...

although...for half a season we had Andre Rison, Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell....lol

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                  although...for half a season we had Andre Rison, Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell....lol
                  I'm so sorry. I completely forgot about Andre Rison. lol

Comment

How about the SuperBowl Bills team..

Adre Reed, James Lofton, and Don BeeBee...

Two HOFs (or soon to be two) and one of the greatest slot recievers to play the game.

Comment

I agree, Chris Carter and Randy Moss is so dominant, it's not even a contest.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams?? Did they even get consideration???
                        Is this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                          Is this a joke?
                          yes....that was an incredible dumb question

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                            yes....that was an incredible dumb question
                            Right, because I know every poster on this board and know when they're joking. Some people here actually think that. See guys like Incredible Draft Dude. But by all means, please keep answering questions that are specifically directed at other people.

Comment

I agree Moss and Carter were a dynamic duo, but they are also some of the most recent ones, and fresher in alot of people's minds...But I agree in hindsight when looking at both of their final numbers they would have to be ranked higher.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFan View Post
                                T.O. is merely a jerry Rice puppil. Along with others like Jerry Porter. Rice is the Greatest he was a one many wrecking machine always open, never dropped a pass.
                                Owens is at least going to be TOP 5 all-time in every single meaningful receiving category when he retires...That's a lot more than merely being a "puppil" (whatever that is.)

And my opinion is that Jerry Rice and John Taylor in the 80's was hands down the greatest WR duo ever...Two of the top 5 (maybe even top 3) YAC receivers of all-time on one team...While Moss alone was f'n ridiculous in 1998, a 33-year-old Cris Carter and Jake Reed don't compare to the impact Rice and John Taylor had on games in their hey-day.

Oh yeah, and Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce/Az Hakim at #2 is freakin' hilarious.
                                Last edited by Control; 05-23-2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information