• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont see how that would cause a problem
    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
      All the Florida and Cali teams would reap in the players as they are great places to live and home of some of the biggest U's. The two Ohio teams would do alright too, and of course all the richer teams. No more Vikes lol, no one like the cold
      The players will go where the money is, not where the climate is. Washington and Dallas would reap in the players as they have the money. As soon as Peyton retired, the Colts wouldn't ever compete again as long as there is no cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
        The players will go where the money is, not where the climate is. Washington and Dallas would reap in the players as they have the money. As soon as Peyton retired, the Colts wouldn't ever compete again as long as there is no cap.
        Basically, or they could go to a winning team as well, or close to home.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Even though I think something will get done I hate hearing about all the bad crap that could possible happen. A few of you are happy actually really only 1 person because your team might finally be able to buy a franchise which it already has tried and failed out. So your team might dominant whats so fun about that? The best most intense games are the nail biters not some 52-3 blow out. The NFL is great and at its highest peak now except for all the increasing salary issues. Fan bases would take major hits with no salary cap and no draft. Stadiums wouldn't fill up so you lose parking, food, merchandise money. It would be awful and alot of teams would be crushed.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
            Even though I think something will get done I hate hearing about all the bad crap that could possible happen. A few of you are happy actually really only 1 person because your team might finally be able to buy a franchise which it already has tried and failed out. So your team might dominant whats so fun about that? The best most intense games are the nail biters not some 52-3 blow out. The NFL is great and at its highest peak now except for all the increasing salary issues. Fan bases would take major hits with no salary cap and no draft. Stadiums wouldn't fill up so you lose parking, food, merchandise money. It would be awful and alot of teams would be crushed.
            I agree...This sport would become baseball with medium to small market teams basically drafting and developing players for the bigger teams. Those franchises would be feeders for the bigger teams. It would suck for those franchises, and also make the sport like baseball with the same few teams making it to the playoffs every year.

Comment

The sport would become a mix of Baseball/College football. Coaches would basically become recruiters and would have to promise players chances at positions or what not. Then it would turn into baseball as they would have to pay them all huge sums of money.

Comment

That'd be weird. You'd get some guys going for the big bucks and others that take smaller salaries to win.

I think small market teams would fold. Or just ones in bad areas. Buffalo would most likely be gone. Maybe even the Jets with the Giants there.
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  Thats right, if the labour talks continue to break down, its possible that the draft process currently in place till 2011 will go out the door soon after the salary cap.

Its a long way off but still what do you guys think its impact will be. since if I'm not mistaken they won't be subject to negotiating rules. If I'm not wrong wouldn't they all become a massive pool of free gents to be bid for at will?
                  If I'm not mistaken, the only thing that football actually loses with the owners opting out is the 2010 salary cap. After the 2010 season, there is no CBA. So without a CBA it's not that there would be no draft, but my understanding is that there would be no football period. So it wouldn't be a draftless year in the sense that you are thinking, but that nothing happens with the new college kids at all until there is a new CBA.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

To be honest, I don't think that this would be quite as catastrophic as people here seem to believe. What this would do is pretty much kill the overinflated rookie contracts, because they wind up in the same pool as the established veterans. With the sucess of the NFL up until this point, in particular with revenue sharing processes, there's not going to be a Yankees-Devil Rays type payroll disparity. There certainly aren't going to be any teams folding.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                    The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                    I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                      To be honest, I don't think that this would be quite as catastrophic as people here seem to believe. What this would do is pretty much kill the overinflated rookie contracts, because they wind up in the same pool as the established veterans. With the sucess of the NFL up until this point, in particular with revenue sharing processes, there's not going to be a Yankees-Devil Rays type payroll disparity. There certainly aren't going to be any teams folding.
                      I could be wrong, but isnt the revenue sharing established by the collective bargaining agreement?

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        I could be wrong, but isnt the revenue sharing established by the collective bargaining agreement?
                        I don't think inter-team revenue sharing is. I think that's just an agreement among the owners, as opposed to owner player revenue sharing, which is dictated by the CBA.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                        The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                        I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

I dont want to think of what will happen to Green Bay in a salary cap or draft-less world

Salary cap made us, the draft has made our team recently

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                            If I'm not mistaken, the only thing that football actually loses with the owners opting out is the 2010 salary cap. After the 2010 season, there is no CBA. So without a CBA it's not that there would be no draft, but my understanding is that there would be no football period. So it wouldn't be a draftless year in the sense that you are thinking, but that nothing happens with the new college kids at all until there is a new CBA.
                            I'm almost certain you're right.

There's no point in having a draft if there's no football...

Comment

Maybe there won't be a draft, IDK. Maybe they won't sign their picks until a lockout holds (which is very unlikely to happen in the first place) but they can still draft players. Those guys gotta go somewhere don't they?

Comment

If there is no salary cap just give the Redskins the next 3 super bowls because Snyder's going to buy up every good player available.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information