Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucs cut QB Gradkowski; sign TE Stevens

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have pulled the plug on the Bruce Gradkowski experiment, cutting the 2006 sixth-round quarterback from Toledo according to Profootballtalk.com.

Gradkowski started 11 games as a rookie, after Chris Simms went down with a spleen injury. In 2007, however, Gradkowski made only four appearances. His career passer rating is 65.0. Because he has less than four years of service, he must pass through waivers before becoming an unrestricted free agent.

The Bucs have re-signed tight end Jerramy Stevens, whose character has been called into question during his time at the University of Washington. Stevens was a first-round pick of the Seahawks in 2001, and he signed a one-year deal with Tampa in 2007.

Why do people keep giving Jerramy Stevens work?

Comment

Seriously, and they cut a young QB with some potential to resign him it seems

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
        Seriously, and they cut a young QB with some potential to resign him it seems
        I don't think Gradkowski is the answer either now or in the future. I imagine that they're hoping Josh Johnson will develop. But I agree Stevens is a total dick.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
          I don't think Gradkowski is the answer either now or in the future. I imagine that they're hoping Josh Johnson will develop. But I agree Stevens is a total dick.
          He probably isnt, but he has more potential to be good than Stevens

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
            Why do people keep giving Jerramy Stevens work?

Because he was a TE drafted in the first round.

Comment

Man, I hate Jerramy Stevens.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                Because he was a TE drafted in the first round.
                I would think with Goodell's new no tolerance policy (penalizing the teams) coming into effect tomorrow, people would be shying away from trouble makers.

Plus he sucks.

Comment

I think the Saints should take a look at Gradkowski.

Comment

LOL I remember when Simms2Clayton tried to convince me that Gradkowski would have been a 1st round pick if he was 2 inches taller. Good times.

Comment

i remember seeing a few bucs games gradkowski's rookie year and he threw more passes to nobody than anyone else i had ever seen.

he would put up a pass and it would just fall into the open field 20 yards away from anybody...really made you wonder wtf he was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        Man, I hate Jerramy Stevens.
                        Co-Sign...Either way, I don't get cutting Gradkowski, I mean, what was the point in drafting him? It's just amazing to me sometimes how a 1st rd QB can be given year after year to prove something(David Carr), while others who were drafted later can get thrown out there as a rookie, and if he struggles then its time to cut your ties...Who knows if he can be a decent QB if he had time to sit and learn, but I guess his only fault in this situation is being drafted too late.

This is not to say that he is decent, maybe he is trash, i just feel like alot of times being drafted in the 1st rd gives you a free pass, when 2nd rd QB's and beyond get tossed to the side alot.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Hey, the good news is that now Jeremy Stevens and Tyler Brayton are in the same division.

Comment

Good gives Josh Johnson more of an opportunity.

Comment

After watching Gradkowski play a fair bit he definitly doesn't look like he will develop into a decent starter. His arm strength is bad, his accuracy has been erratic as well, his decision making is also poor. When your arm strength is bad you have to be great in other areas and I don't see that happening. I just can't see him becoming a quality starter, much better to keep Johnson around instead.

As for Stevens he played well for a backup TE last year. He is a jerk but he can help in a limited role.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information