Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prisco's DL rankings

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10853318

The problem is comparing 3-4 and 4-3 Defensive-Fronts, which is pretty tough to do. I actually wouldn't argue with the rankings, which are pretty good.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

yeah, they seem pretty agreeable.

the 34 vs. 43 thing though is hard to measure.....youd almost have to add the 34 OLBs into the mix or something

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        The problem is comparing 3-4 and 4-3 Defensive-Fronts, which is pretty tough to do. I actually wouldn't argue with the rankings, which are pretty good.
        That's my main problem, and we are actually talking about it on BBI. But comparing 3-4 and 4-3 defenses is stupid in my opinion. If you want to do a Dline ranking, then seperate the two, and go from there. Otherwise Dline to me is 3 down linemen in a 3-4, and 4 down in a 4-3 traditionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
          That's my main problem, and we are actually talking about it on BBI. But comparing 3-4 and 4-3 defenses is stupid in my opinion. If you want to do a Dline ranking, then seperate the two, and go from there. Otherwise Dline to me is 3 down linemen in a 3-4, and 4 down in a 4-3 traditionally.
          Exactly what I was thinking. I think the best way for him to measure would be to just measure the front-seven, so then it evens out.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            Exactly what I was thinking. I think the best way for him to measure would be to just measure the front-seven, so then it evens out.
            And if someone really wanted to a do a 3-4 then analyze the down linemen, and see how they eat up blocks and free their LBs to make plays. Playing in a 3-4 isn't sexy by anymeans if your a down linemen, and usually your guys like Ware, Lewis, Merriman will get the props, but to avoid the bias of Lbs coming in, analyze how each takes on the block, and occupies space while the LBs rally to make a play.

I know there is so much scheme and technique wise you can look for to evaluate which player or unit is better.

Like I said on BBI, adding the LBs and then on top of that mixing both systems is plain lazy.

Comment

Kiwi is as more of a downlineman than many 3-4 OLBs, he plays on the line most snaps, why not include him? The rankings were tolerable although his comparison of 3-4 v 4-3 lines is terrible.

Comment

ravens at 6 is ok. the ranking werent all that bad to me, but i agree that mixing 3-4 and 4-3 and mixing in the linebackers is wrong.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I would probably argue that it would just be simpler to rate the front seven instead of trying to make the every shrinking distinction between linebackers and defensive linemen.

Comment

I would put the Texans d-line over ours, but thats all I could think of.

Comment

That's stupid. The Rams should be top 5 at least. Leonard Little is a HOF'r, Chris Long will probably when DROY, Adam Carriker is a no doubt multiple Pro Bowler, and Clifton Ryan is a young stud. That's just ridiculous.

PS- Just Kidding

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Happy with Ravens at 6. The Texans line needs to be way higher.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

A little generous he had us @ 29 out of 32

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

he's mixed up about who is playing what/where for the Niners.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

isnt it in alphabetical order? i see what he did now

he should ahve just put them in chronological order

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information