Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McFadden Signed

http://www.raiders.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=45672

Its great we got him signed early.Especially after what happened last year.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Exactly.

The league should mandate that the team with the #1 overall pick have a deal signed before the draft. This seems to eliminate most of the rookie holdouts, and allows them to get into camp on time. It just makes the whole process much better for everyone involved.

Comment

Great job by McFadden, he came out and said he wanted this done, and made it happen, good move on his part not holding out and being greedy...Excellent move on both parts.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Yeah congrats Raiders hope he works out if Kwame plays too much LT they might need him at QB
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Looks like the Raiders are depending on the salary cap going away. Considering how much they have backloaded all of the deals they have signed they are screwed if the salary cap stays put. They also better pray they don't have another top 10 draft pick. Seeing them give that much guaranteed money to unproven rookies year after year? Brilliant.

Comment

Great job by the Raiders. I've been a McFadden fan for a while now and I'm really interested to see him in the NFL.

Comment

NFL.com reports it's a 6-year 60 million dollar deal with 26 million guaranteed. This is getting rediculous.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

"Contract terms were not disclosed, but several media sources said the deal was for six years and $60 million, with $26 million guaranteed."

good job getting him signed early

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Wow I hope thats not true that would be an insane amount of money, if those actually turned out to be the numbers.

Gaines Adams: 6 Years $42 Million, $18.56 Million Garunteed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4173

Adrian Peterson 6 Years $40.5 Million, $17 Million Garunteed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4169

Ladanian Tomlinson 8 years $60 Million, $21 Million Garunteed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...ort=NFL&id=561

He would be making nearly $20 Million and $8-9 Million more garunteed than the #4 Overall pick last year & the 1st RB taken last year. On top of that he would be making much more garunteed money than Ladanian Tomlinson.
                  Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 06-06-2008, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                    Looks like the Raiders are depending on the salary cap going away. Considering how much they have backloaded all of the deals they have signed they are screwed if the salary cap stays put. They also better pray they don't have another top 10 draft pick. Seeing them give that much guaranteed money to unproven rookies year after year? Brilliant.
                    If anything probably anticipating that the cap rises again significantly as part of a new CBA. The removal of the salary cap entirely is unlikely, as a league without a CBA likely means strike, and it's almost a certainty any new CBA will include a salary cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                      NFL.com reports it's a 6-year 60 million dollar deal with 26 million guaranteed. This is getting rediculous.
                      That's Reggie Bush type money. It's a decent contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        Makes me nervous about having to sign two first round picks this year and then try to keep gamble and gross next year.

Comment

Great news. I can't wait for week one.
                          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Well there wasn't much the Raiders could do when the #3 pick gets 72 million and almost 35mill guaranteed. Well good job by Al, McFadden, & his agent getting signed early.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                              Makes me nervous about having to sign two first round picks this year and then try to keep gamble and gross next year.
                              I feel you Chiefs are in the same boat I think we can get the Albert at 15 deal done but Dorsey at 5 I'm not so sure it gets done before camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information