Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcons release Jimmy Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    He ran in the 4.4s at 215. His weight is currently more like 230-240, so I'd guess he is slower.
    Someone's gonna have to explain to me how Jimmy Williams is bigger than Roy "Biscuit" Williams.

    Comment


    • #47
      i really wouldnt mind him in baltimore

      Go Celtics
      Go Irish
      Go Ravens

      Comment


      • #48
        Is it me or are there an unusual amount of players who have questionable character from V-tech?

        Vick, Hall, Williams, Flowers, Morgan, Ellis that I can think of.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by no love View Post
          Is it me or are there an unusual amount of players who have questionable character from V-tech?

          Vick, Hall, Williams, Flowers, Morgan, Ellis that I can think of.
          Marcus or Michael Vick?


          Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            Marcus or Michael Vick?
            Lol, Does it matter?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

              I'm not saying he shouldn't be given a shot. I thought it was funny that people are expecting him to suddenly reform back to his college self. You want to know what the difference is between him and other guys who get cut and come back and be successful? Work ethic. Most of them work ridiculously hard with determination and motviation just to get a chance and they take advantage. Jimmy has had work ethic and dedication issues since the draft. I really fail to see how he will instantly change.


              Who in this thread has said anything remotely close to him "suddenly reforming to his college self", because I haven't seen anything close...Unless you think "I wouldn't mind if (insert favorite team here) gave him a look, we could use a CB or FS" means people are so excited about him turning into a pro bowler.


              Besides that, poor work ethic changes from city to city and it always has, alot of players would have a poor work ethic for the Falcons...Remember people questioning Randy Moss' and Jerry Porters work ethic in Oakland, now all of a sudden thats not a problem for either being in NE and Jax, sometimes a change of scenery is needed, or a coach who is going to crack the whip and get him on the ball...The fact is, you can't just base the assumption off him not panning out in ATL means his career is over, thats all there is to it...And again your being overly harsh on the guys skillset(which isn't surprising for how many ATL fans I see calling Anderson a bust after 1 year, which reminds me alot of how some of the same fans trashed Roddy White after 2 years), some guys need time to develop...How about letting him play safety for a few years before deciding, or even corner, the schemes and positions have changed for him from the get go.


              I have the same argument with Carpenter which is why I don't want to let him go, guys get moved around so much they don't get a chance to learn one spot or system properly...Also in case your forgetting his salary is under 500k, so weight issues or not, if somebody signs him and it doesn't pan out what exactly did they lose? No draft picks, no guaranteed money, guys get cut and resigned yearly, just because he busted as a Falcon doesn't mean he won't end up solid somewhere else.





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                6-6 300 lbs. Geez, Jamal Anderson should get cut or maybe the Falcons should try running some 3-4 looks.
                40-Yard Dash: 4.90
                Positives:
                Big and surprisingly athletic for his size, Anderson can dominate opposing tackles with his power and surprising burst off the edge. Anderson is big already, but has the frame to add even further bulk, enough to play end in a 3-4 or take an under-tackle role in a 4-3 defense. But he's probably best suited for end with his style of play.

                http://football.about.com/od/nflplay...alanderson.htm

                btw, your rep is evil...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Who in this thread has said anything remotely close to him "suddenly reforming to his college self", because I haven't seen anything close...Unless you think "I wouldn't mind if (insert favorite team here) gave him a look, we could use a CB or FS" means people are so excited about him turning into a pro bowler.


                  Besides that, poor work ethic changes from city to city and it always has, alot of players would have a poor work ethic for the Falcons...Remember people questioning Randy Moss' and Jerry Porters work ethic in Oakland, now all of a sudden thats not a problem for either being in NE and Jax, sometimes a change of scenery is needed, or a coach who is going to crack the whip and get him on the ball...The fact is, you can't just base the assumption off him not panning out in ATL means his career is over, thats all there is to it...And again your being overly harsh on the guys skillset(which isn't surprising for how many ATL fans I see calling Anderson a bust after 1 year, which reminds me alot of how some of the same fans trashed Roddy White after 2 years), some guys need time to develop...How about letting him play safety for a few years before deciding, or even corner, the schemes and positions have changed for him from the get go.


                  I have the same argument with Carpenter which is why I don't want to let him go, guys get moved around so much they don't get a chance to learn one spot or system properly...Also in case your forgetting his salary is under 500k, so weight issues or not, if somebody signs him and it doesn't pan out what exactly did they lose? No draft picks, no guaranteed money, guys get cut and resigned yearly, just because he busted as a Falcon doesn't mean he won't end up solid somewhere else.


                  His work ethic has ALWAYS been questioned. Even before the Falcons became bad. He was coming into a situation with his Vick and his buddy DeAngelo Hall, and he didn't work. I just don't see how he's suddenly going to become a determined hard worker. Is it out of the question completely? No. Just advising here, he's really not much to get excited about. Even on special teams. He got deactivated for 2 games because he didn't try on special teams.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Man I loved him coming out of VT, he should get picked up soon.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      His work ethic has ALWAYS been questioned. Even before the Falcons became bad. He was coming into a situation with his Vick and his buddy DeAngelo Hall, and he didn't work. I just don't see how he's suddenly going to become a determined hard worker. Is it out of the question completely? No. Just advising here, he's really not much to get excited about. Even on special teams. He got deactivated for 2 games because he didn't try on special teams.
                      His salary is 500k, I don't think anybody is going to sign him to start or build the defense around him, so whats your gripe? Guys get picked up off the waiver for cheap all the time, whats so different here? You think he shouldn't be signed because he has poor work ethic?





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        His salary is 500k, I don't think anybody is going to sign him to start or build the defense around him, so whats your gripe? Guys get picked up off the waiver for cheap all the time, whats so different here? You think he shouldn't be signed because he has poor work ethic?


                        I didn't say he shouldn't be signed. If you think you can work with him and change what no one else has been able to go ahead. I'm just saying, don't expect anything. He's shown absolutely nothing.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Yeah. I was so excited when we drafted him, but damn his work ethic. He already had an issue when he bought a car before he was even signed, and now him at 230, 240 lbs. Thats disappointing.

                          Hopefully Jamaal Anderson gets better though. I will give him another year or two.

                          "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Thanks for the draft picks. :D

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              He might be best suited hiring a personal trainer, getting down to 220 and focus on playing safety.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
                                He might be best suited hiring a personal trainer, getting down to 220 and focus on playing safety.
                                Wasn't he playing safety the last 2 years?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information