LaDainian Tomlinson
        Brian Westbrook
        Walter Jones
        Nnamdi Asomugha
        DeMarcus Ware
        Jared Allen
        Adrian Peterson
        Randy Moss

ya, that was real tough. Leaving off Champ, Urlacher and Steve Smith among others. I could second guess my list every minute....
        Last edited by The Great Jonathan Vilma; 06-22-2008, 03:51 PM.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I'm going to go with my ten favorites

Jason Witten
          Joe Thomas
          Andre Johnson
          Brian Westbrook
          Torry Holt
          Marion Barber III
          Donald Driver
          Tommie Harris
          Marcus Trufant
          Braylon Edwards

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Ray Lewis
            Ed Reed
            Patrick Willis
            Shawn Merriman
            AP
            Ernie Simms
            LT
            Bob Sanders
            La'ron Landry
            Peyton Manning.

Comment

Tom Brady
              Ladanian Tomlinson
              Jared Allen
              Patrick Willis
              Antonio Cromartie
              Reggie Wayne
              Joe Thomas
              Bob Sanders
              Albert Haynesworth
              Demarcus Ware

Comment

Sorry for being so brief in the original post.

The idea is the 10 players whose game you have the most respect for. As a Jags fan, I'm not a fan of Albert Haynesworth or Peyton Manning at all, but I have a tremendous amount of respect. It's basically the players who, when you're watching a game, absolutely just jump off the screen at you and are heads and shoulders above the rest of the guys on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Sorry for being so brief in the original post.

The idea is the 10 players whose game you have the most respect for. As a Jags fan, I'm not a fan of Albert Haynesworth or Peyton Manning at all, but I have a tremendous amount of respect. It's basically the players who, when you're watching a game, absolutely just jump off the screen at you and are heads and shoulders above the rest of the guys on the field.
                  with that said

Adrian Peterson
                  Brian Westbrook
                  LaDainian Tomlinson (These 3 RBs can just break the game open and u have to account for them at all times. The smallest opportunity and they can break it, even if there isn't an opportunity, they can make it.)

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady (always seem to be in control, make the throws, and u just know that when they have the ball they will make the right decision. it can break ur heart when u sit and know that they are going to make something happen)

Randy Moss (some of the catches he makes just by out jumping or out running them makes it look easy, which can just kill u)

Patrick Willis (i didn't watch any more than 3/4 SF games this year, but when i did, he just seemed to be the guy that always found the ball. You could just watch him and u'd be amazed with his speed and range to get to the ball.)

Andre Johnson (he didn't play all the games last year, but when he was on the field, he just amazed me. He pretty much has everything u want in a reciever, i don't really know what else to say)

Devin Hester (how can he not jump out at u? you watch a bears game and ur just waiting for him to get the ball in his hands because u know it can happen. his speed/accelaration is something in itself)

Nnamdi Asomugha (u don't get to see him that much, but that is because he's shutting down that side of the field. When u do get to watch him and can appreciate what he's doing, it does jump out at u.)

that would be 10.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

What's most people reasoning for having Merriman listed above Ware? Just curious to hear some thoughts, their pass rushing skills seem to be on the same level and I'd like to think Ware's versatility and coverage ability would rate him oh so slightly higher, just because of all the things he's asked to do and does very well.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      What's most people reasoning for having Merriman listed above Ware? Just curious to hear some thoughts, their pass rushing skills seem to be on the same level and I'd like to think Ware's versatility and coverage ability would rate him oh so slightly higher, just because of all the things he's asked to do and does very well.
                      I love both...i just like Merriman laying the wood! Ware is probably the better overall player, i just prefer watching Merriman.

Comment

Its bs thats what it is. Ware > Merriman.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                          it can break ur heart when u sit and know that they are going to make something happen
                          This sucks so bad, must people don't realize how bad it sucks just knowing you are going to lose. The first game that comes to mind is the Pats/Ravens game last year. You just knew that the Pats were going to win. Whether it be from penalties or whatever. You knew Brady was going to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Because their pass rushing skills aren't on par. In 48 starts Ware has 33.5 sacks. In 37 starts Merriman has 39.5 sacks. Merriman's sacks rate is way higher than Ware's.

Just to make a extrapolation point: If both players maintain their current sack pace and start 16 of 16 games per season until they are both 30, Ware would have 89.5 career sacks. Merriman would have 159 career sacks. That's a huge difference.

Granted, that gives Merriman a distinct advantage because he's two years younger, but he's averaging nearly 6 more sacks per full season to date. Ware is certainly more versatile, but he's not the dominant rushing force that Merriman is by a long shot (or, at least, hasn't been to date).

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              Because their pass rushing skills aren't on par. In 48 starts Ware has 33.5 sacks. In 37 starts Merriman has 39.5 sacks. Merriman's sacks rate is way higher than Ware's.

Just to make a extrapolation point: If both players maintain their current sack pace and start 16 of 16 games per season until they are both 30, Ware would have 89.5 career sacks. Merriman would have 159 career sacks. That's a huge difference.

Granted, that gives Merriman a distinct advantage because he's two years younger, but he's averaging nearly 6 more sacks per full season to date. Ware is certainly more versatile, but he's not the dominant rushing force that Merriman is by a long shot (or, at least, hasn't been to date).

Good points, but when using stats you also have to keep in mind how much each player is asked to blitz, and one could make an argument that Merriman has/is asked to blitz alot more then Ware, and Ware is dropping back into coverage alot more.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                                This sucks so bad, must people don't realize how bad it sucks just knowing you are going to lose. The first game that comes to mind is the Pats/Ravens game last year.
                                I'm still trying to figure out how the Chiefs can go 4-12 and NE can go 18-1 and the Chiefs first game is vs NE in NE who's idea was that?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information