No announcement yet.

Sporting News: AFC Wide Receivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denver is rated too high Marshall is good but Jackson can't catch and im not sure how much Stokley has left list overall is'nt bad though
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
      Denver is rated too high Marshall is good but Jackson can't catch and im not sure how much Stokley has left list overall is'nt bad though
      Also that Clobert guy from the Panthers and Eddie Royal.

Comment

I think the top 3 are almost interchangeable, as are PIttsburgh and Cleveland. You could really go either way with those two at 4 and 5. Pretty good list though.

Comment

The Jaguars should be four spots higher. Just watch and you'll see.

Comment

Devard Darling isn't that bad and is talented with some potential. Jeff Webb, on the other hand, completely stinks.

The rankings are okay, but I don't think the author has ever watched half of the players he mentions actually play.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
              The Jaguars should be four spots higher. Just watch and you'll see.
              Not really, the addition of Troy Williamson and Jerry Porter will help some but it's not that big of a deal. Reggie Williams their number one receiver would be a #2 or #3 on most teams.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                Not really, the addition of Troy Williamson and Jerry Porter will help some but it's not that big of a deal. Reggie Williams their number one receiver would be a #2 or #3 on most teams.

LOL at Troy Williamson helping in any way shape or form. The Jags are right where they should be. Porter is a headcase and has never had a 1000 yard season. Not what I want from a number one receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyndham View Post
                  Devard Darling isn't that bad and is talented with some potential. Jeff Webb, on the other hand, completely stinks.

The rankings are okay, but I don't think the author has ever watched half of the players he mentions actually play.
                  I wouldn't say Webb completely stinks. When Eddie Kennison was healthy Webb was 4th on the depth chart at WR yet he still was 3rd on the team in receiving. His numbers aren't great but when the offensive line was as bad as it was there really is not time to get to your 3rd or 4th reads in the passing game. His problems are mostly mental, such as not dragging his feet on the catch that likely would have led to a win over Green Bay. I still have hopes for him.

I have said before that I would love if Darling is our Joe Horn. Horn didn't do crap in KC until perhaps his final year here and then it was too late. But he went on to New Orleans and had a 1,000 yard season is first year there. Now I doubt Darling gets 1,000 yards considering he is our 3rd option at best in the passing game but if he could turn into a good 2nd option at WR and make teams pay for double teaming Gonzalez and/or Bowe then I would call him a successful pickup. I think he could be a good deep threat considering his solid 18.1 ypc average. His 3 touchdowns are also pretty good considering he only had 18 catches.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    LOL at Troy Williamson helping in any way shape or form. The Jags are right where they should be. Porter is a headcase and has never had a 1000 yard season. Not what I want from a number one receiver.
                    lol you know your WR core is pretty rough off if Williamson 'improves' anything... Even on paper.

I had big hopes for him but man has he bombed.

Comment

If walker doesnt do good we should be at the bottom of the list. Hopefully he doesnt make us regret giving him 55 mil

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                        They mentioned Naanee because his awesome screen beat the Colts; or at least was one of a couple silver bullets. The kid is extremely talented. I don't think there are a whole lot of Charger fans who think Buster Davis is better than him.

I feel the Chargers positioning is about right but I'm puzzled about being lower than the Broncos. Marshall is good, but who else? Jackson doesn't count anymore. I wouldn't take their guys over Chris Chambers and Vincent Jackson, not to mention our other guys who have made plays when called upon.
                        Your recieving corps is not better than Denvers. I would take Brandon Marshall over any of your recievers any day of the week, by far.

Hell I would take Darrell Jackson over who ever your number 2 is as well any day of the week...

Combined Chris Chambers and Vincent Jackson have 1 one thousand yard recieving year under their belt. Not to much to right home about.

Denver on the other hand has 3, including arguably the best slot reciever in the game today, Brandon Stokley. Aside from that Denver has Keary Colbert who is a solid 4th or 5th option, and 2nd round pick Eddie Royal.

The year before Jackson went to The 9ers he had about 1000 recieving yards and 10 touchdowns in 13 games... I really feel like this signing has been greatly overshadowed.

Last year the 9ers really had no offense what so ever, and it is not like Jackson is at TO status were he will succeed in any situation, so expect a huge bounce back for Darrell Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information