Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Peters to end holdout, per Adam Schefter

:D :D :D :D

Even before the games begin, the Buffalo Bills and Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters have their first victory of the season.

Peters informed the Bills on Friday that he plans to end his summer-long holdout and report to the team Saturday, one day before Buffalo opens its season against Seattle. The team already has made the decision that Peters will not play Sunday against Seattle.

But Peters already has applied to the league for reinstatement and the NFL is expected to grant the Bills a two-game roster exemption.

However, Buffalo could opt to activate Peters at any time, and would be expected to do so next week, meaning he would likely be available to play Sept. 14 at Jacksonville.

Peters will not be arriving in Buffalo with the new contract he has been seeking. But both sides have agreed to maintain an open dialogue throughout the season with the hopes of striking a deal that will satisfy both sides. Peters has three years left on his contract.

Paving the way for Peters arrival were the talks the two sides had throughout the past week, when they began speaking Monday morning for the first time in a long time. Throughout the summer they had limited, if any contract, but with the regular season approaching, both sides recognized the need to open the lines of communication, which they did.

Those talks resulted in a compromise that will bolster Buffalo’s offensive line, afford quarterback Trent Edwards more time to throw, and running back Marshawn Lynch more holes to run through. Peters is on his way back, and this is a win even before the season begins.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

yessssssss. My Marshawn Lynch over SJax fantasy pick gains some momentum.

Comment

Surprise, surprise now its actually football time his contract doesn't seem that bad.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

So, what exactly did he accomplish in holding out?

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
          Well, he got to dodge two-a-days. That's something at least.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
            Exactly. Was it really worth it ? Now he's out for the season opener as a result. Boo .

Comment

Another holdout that accomplishes nothing and why.... because when game checks are about to get taking away a player will be there. Now him given full effort or not during those games is another story.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I think the hold-out is more about minimizing the risk of injury. If he feels as if he is under paid and wants a bigger contract he will have to play well again this season. He probably feels as though he can miss training camp without it effecting his performance, which is certainly debatable.

However, if he did play in preseason and got injured in a game it would have totally taken away any leverage in bargaining.

Comment

Ploy to get outta training camp...

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                    You are so smart. :)

Comment

Doesn't much matter to me...he's not playing this weekend, which is what I really wanted to know. Kerney, Jackson, and Tapp are going to have field days going against a RT playing out of position and a reserve T (which is who Kerney will be lining up against).

Hope your boy Edwards is wearing some extra pads come Sunday. Seriously...an injury early on would suck for you guys. Heck...I hope the Hawks run defense is up to stopping Lynch...at least enough so that he doesn't beat them. (Fantasy Football irony right there...every single week...)

BTW, is he in game shape do you suppose, or they just don't think that he'd click with the line right now?
                      Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                        You are so smart. :)
                        Thanks. Just got that urge to share the wealth ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                          True that. But what if he would have suffered a career threatening injury during training camp?

As a fan of a small market team, I know it's tough when your team simply doesnn't have the funds to pay a player. But you've gotta look at from their point of view too. And the "well I would do it for pennies" argument doesn't really hold.
                          Last edited by yourfavestoner; 09-06-2008, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            True that. But what if he would have suffered a career threatening injury during training camp?

As a fan of a small market team, I know it's tough when your team simply doesnn't have the funds to pay a player. But you've gotta look at from their point of view too. And the "well I would do it for pennies" argument doesn't really hold.
                            Isn't there revenue sharing in the NFL?

Besides, i think i'll take two a days for a few weeks in exchange for the 500g's or so it cost him.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post

I think the Bills main issue is that he just penned a new, improved 5 year deal 2 years ago. In fact, the Bills probably gave him above market value. I think the Bills stance was fine on this. We will negotiate but u need to get into camp because u are still signed for three years.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information