X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. I don't think he'll get in.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Mcnabb is not just a good player, he is a great player. He has been a top 5 qb for the past 7 years or so. Not many Qb's have led their teams to 5 NFC Championships and a Super Bowl. I know their record in those games but he is not to blame for those losses. The 5 NFC Championships alone puts him in small company, and I guarantee you of those others with him, they had much much more to work with.

Comment

Give him a ring, and he's in. Till then, I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
          Give him a ring, and he's in. Till then, I dont think so.
          What I was going to say... His numbers alone, if they were big, then yes.
          Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

He's going to be in the Hall of Fame. He's done so much with so little IMO.

Comment

To convince me, he'd probably have to duplicate to some degree that Elway did late in his career. I like McNabb a lot, but I'd like to see a definitive season stating his "greatness", because so far I think he's only managed to assert that he's very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                To convince me, he'd probably have to duplicate to some degree that Elway did late in his career. I like McNabb a lot, but I'd like to see a definitive season stating his "greatness", because so far I think he's only managed to assert that he's very good.
                I think 2004 he made a case that he can be and was "great."
                31 Touchdowns and 8 Interceptions most notably.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  I think 2004 he made a case that he can be and was "great."
                  31 Touchdowns and 8 Interceptions most notably.
                  But he needs definitive moments that stick in the memory, not just a handful of great seasons. Right now, his stats aren't so overwhelming as to be a shoe-in and his most definitive moments are losing NFC Championships and the lackluster finish to that Superbowl the Eagles lost. Maybe he gets in eventually, but I wouldn't consider it likely until he wins a Superbowl, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    I think what you'll see the Eagles do this offseason is try and make one final shot with Mcnabb, Dawkins, and the rest of the crew. They still have a good young defense, so the focus has to be on the offensive side of the ball with Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan aging and free agents. They have to get a big physical wr because desean is a very explosive player but a deep threat at best right now. They have the most amount of draft picks this year so they have to get a weapon at either the rb or te/wr postion. I guarantee you if they address the lack of weapons they will make a run(as much as i hate to admit it).

Comment

I'd say no. No rings no MVP (?) and he's not Jim Kelly. Nor will McNabb get any of those. He is on the down slide of his career and he is in the hall of very good. The Eagles should retire his jersey and leave it at that. If you aren't putting Kurt Warner (or even thinking about leaving him out) you can't put in McNabb. Are we going to put all the top 15 QB's of this era into the Hall?

Hall Worthy QB's (Currently playing)

Brady
                      Peyton
                      Warner
                      Big Ben
                      Brett Favre

as of right now those are the ones whome without a major tank job for the rest of their career they should make the Hall.
                      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                        I think what you'll see the Eagles do this offseason is try and make one final shot with Mcnabb, Dawkins, and the rest of the crew. They still have a good young defense, so the focus has to be on the offensive side of the ball with Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan aging and free agents. They have to get a big physical wr because desean is a very explosive player but a deep threat at best right now. They have the most amount of draft picks this year so they have to get a weapon at either the rb or te/wr postion. I guarantee you if they address the lack of weapons they will make a run(as much as i hate to admit it).
                        Their biggest problem is short yardage and goaline offense. Until they fix it, it will be very hard to win a SuperBowl. Getting a big reciever for the redzone is a good way to improve that and a better goaline back. They don't have to be that good of all-round players so it can definitly be achievable. With their big line it is surprising that they aren't better.

Mcnab shouldn't get in atm, he's been very good, but not good enough for a HOF.

Comment

If his career ended today, he's in. He wouldn't be a 1st ballot hall of famer but he is in. There have not been many QB's to come into the league with that amount of consistency for an entire decade. Look at some of his receivers(If you can call them that) that he's had to work with:Freddie(Fred X) Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, Greg Lewis(How is he in the NFL?), James Thrash, Chad Lewis, Kevin Curtis, etc, etc.

It's an absolute joke that the Eagles don't realize that for the past 9 years or so they've been a legitimate WR away from potentially winning a super bowl. The one time they went out and got him one(T.O.) they made a great run together but things didn't work out. So what do they do, go out and draft/sign a bunch of #3 wr's Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis, and Desean jackson. If he doesn't make the H.O.F. the eagles are directly to blame.

So true...he has had to carry this team for a decade and is doing as good a job as anyone can. He has had not one reliable receiver in his tenure (aside from one season of well-behaved Owens). Hell, he had to lean on Brent F'n Celek in the NFC Title game!

I HATE the Eagles more than any team, but if this guy can keep putting up numbers, he gets in. If he eventually goes to a team like Minnesota or Chicago, which is a QB away from making lots of noise, that will likely define his legacy. Win a title, and you are in. Fail somewhere else and you are not. If his career ended today, he is the ultimate borderline candidate.

Comment

Ha...good one.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Couldn't agree more, and I'd actually like to see him go somewhere like Minnesota, Chicago, or even the J-E-T-S!!! That way I can root for him and the Eagles and their ungrateful fans can see what they had, and what they're stuck with(Kolb).

Comment

Brent Celek was their most reliable receiving threat in the playoffs with 19 catches. What does that say? I think they should draft the best value at LT on the board and if there isnt any then Moreno/Wells and grab Pettigrew if hes still available. I cant see them adding another WR honestly, atleast early. Maybe a possesion guy in the later rounds. Someone like Aaron Kelly from Clemson.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information