No announcement yet.

Donovan McNabb... in the HOF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or we can say "ZOMG HE CANT WIN THE BIG ONE" when in reality his teams were simply outplayed in the playoffs. I just don't like when we do one for some quarterbacks, and do the other for other quarterbacks.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
      Or we can say "ZOMG HE CANT WIN THE BIG ONE" when in reality his teams were simply outplayed in the playoffs. I just don't like when we do one for some quarterbacks, and do the other for other quarterbacks.
      Well, once you have won the big one then you get that monkey off your back. It worked for John. :)

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
        I'm sorry but Jimmy Johnson has carried the eagles not Donovan McNabb. The Eagles have consistently had great defenses and elite olines throughout his tenure, sure he never had a stud WR, but he had a great defense covering his ass, an elite oline keeping his jersey clean and they've always ran the ball well, even when they stopped running the ball.
        Who carried who in the NFC Title game? If the Eagles get stops early in the game or late in the game, they play Pittsbugh instead.

I would accept this argument five years ago, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
          Seriously we are going with the "ZOMGZZZZ MCNABBZZZ TEAMZZZZ SUXORS THAT'S WHY HE HASN'T WON TEH SUPABOWLZZZ" argument? Am I saying that Donny Mc is the ONLY reason the Eagles never won the Super Bowl (Although he choked when it was show time against the Pats) but he has had great OLmen he's had great D's before he's had a great WR before still didn't translate to a SB win
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by tony77 View Post
            Who carried who in the NFC Title game? If the Eagles get stops early in the game or late in the game, they play Pittsbugh instead.

I would accept this argument five years ago, though.
            Can you name any other big game that Donny Mc carried them through? And the thing is McNabb did carry the Eagles... they didn't win. No team is carried in a loss.
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
              Can you name any other big game that Donny Mc carried them through? And the thing is McNabb did carry the Eagles... they didn't win. No team is carried in a loss.
              I think you know what I am getting at. Neither side has pulled their weight at the same time.

The two knocks on McNabb will always be accuracy issues, as well as not being clutch, by the way. Also, the Elway comparison works if McNabb ever gets a good running game and wins a title. It doesn't work when you are talking about being able to lead a team downfield when they need a score in a tight game. The problem in Super Bowls is that Elway's teams were always overmatched by superior NFC teams.
              Last edited by tony77; 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Andy Reid and the GM are the biggest reasons the Eagles have never won a title. The GM has to get another RB in their for when their only offensive threat(Westbrook) is injured the majority of every season. I'm no GM but any casual Eagles fan can see they have needed to get a consistent weapon at WR. A one and a half year experiment with T.O. isn't good enough, go out there and address your biggest need for the majority of the Mcnabb era. Don't overestimate consistency either, how many fans if asked would absolutely take the success the Eagles have had since drafting Mcnabb. All the other great QB's have not just one receiving weapon but 2 at least.

Comment

No, he's a had a very good career, but you gotta be something special to get in at QB without rings...Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly, etc. I don't think McNabb has reached that level.

Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
                  Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by captainjack27 View Post
                    No, he's a had a very good career, but you gotta be something special to get in at QB without rings...Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly, etc. I don't think McNabb has reached that level.
                    If Jim Kelly's in than theres no question Mcnabb will be in when all is said and done. Mcnabb will have better stats than him and could even win an MVP/Superbowl(to justify for the doubters that he is in) because he still has a good 4-5 years in him as a starter. Jim Kelly was a 1st ballot HOF'er so Mcnabb will get in.

Comment

Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                      If Jim Kelly's in than theres no question Mcnabb will be in when all is said and done. Mcnabb will have better stats than him and could even win an MVP/Superbowl(to justify for the doubters that he is in) because he still has a good 4-5 years in him as a starter. Jim Kelly was a 1st ballot HOF'er so Mcnabb will get in.
                      Jim Kelly participated in like four strait Super Bowls if McNabb participated in four total SB's I'd consider him in he needs to win one to receive any consideration.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

Jim Kelly participated in like four strait Super Bowls if McNabb participated in four total SB's I'd consider him in he needs to win one to receive any consideration.
                        I think if he had a Super Bowl to his name right now he would be a Hall of Famer but if he has 4 more productive years, do you think he gets in? Not everyone needs a ring to get in. Especially with the kind of production McNabb has.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          I think if he had a Super Bowl to his name right now he would be a Hall of Famer but if he has 4 more productive years, do you think he gets in? Not everyone needs a ring to get in. Especially with the kind of production McNabb has.
                          You'd have to define production. Boarderline probowl / probowl and add a SB appearance another run or two deep in the playoffs. I could give him a vote. But if productive means playing 10 decent games and either falling on his face or getting injured for the other six then I wouldn't put him in. The and the Eagles should just put him in whatever ring of honor or hall of fame they have.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

You'd have to define production. Boarderline probowl / probowl and add a SB appearance another run or two deep in the playoffs. I could give him a vote. But if productive means playing 10 decent games and either falling on his face or getting injured for the other six then I wouldn't put him in. The and the Eagles should just put him in whatever ring of honor or hall of fame they have.
                            How about 3900 yards, 20+ TDs, and under 15 INTs for the next 4 years? In those four years, the Eagles make it to the playoffs once or twice and only win one postseason game. Does he get the vote? They arent outstanding stats and will be outdone but other QBs in the NFC like Brees, Rodgers, Romo, and Ryan in the coming years so he probably wont make the pro bowl but Id say that is solid production.

Comment

Well thats just dumb because he hasnt won a superbowl and were obviously in a pretty interesting debate on the topic. So hes obviously getting consideration right now, and its not just us, ESPN has debated this many times as well as local news outlets in the Philadelphia area.

Comment

Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                                Well thats just dumb because he hasnt won a superbowl and were obviously in a pretty interesting debate on the topic. So hes obviously getting consideration right now, and its not just us, ESPN has debated this many times as well as local news outlets in the Philadelphia area.
                                Not stupid at all

How many Hall of fame QB's in the modern era are lacking BOTH a league MVP AND a Super Bowl win (or pre super bowl equivilent) answer 3

Player Super Bowl? MVP?
                                TROY AIKMAN Yes NO
                                GEORGE BLANDA Yes NO* (not applicable for the first half of his career)
                                TERRY BRADSHAW Yes Yes
                                LEN DAWSON Yes Yes
                                JOHN ELWAY Yes Yes
                                OTTO GRAHAM Yes N/A
                                BOB GRIESE Yes No* (I'm only counting AP MVP he was NEA MVP)
                                SONNY JURGENSEN No No (May be the best arguement for McNabb)
                                JIM KELLY No No (went to 4 back to back SB's)
                                BOBBY LAYNE Yes N/A
                                DAN MARINO No Yes
                                JOE MONTANA Yes Yes
                                WARREN MOON No No (9 time Pro bowl)
                                JOE NAMATH Yes No
                                BART STARR Yes Yes
                                FRAN TARKENTON Yes Yes
                                Y.A. TITTLE No Yes
                                NORM VAN BROCKLIN Yes N/A
                                STEVE YOUNG Yes Yes
                                EDIT JOHNNY UNITAS Yes Yes
                                ROGER STAUBACH Yes No?

Donovan McNabb No No
                                Last edited by Brothgar; 02-03-2009, 07:49 PM.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information