OTL report: Texans held contact drills in mini-camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTL report: Texans held contact drills in mini-camp

Just saw it as breaking news on Mike & Mike, I'll look for a link.

They mentioned 3 players were injured for the season during these drills.

edit: guess they won't be running the story until Sunday, so it may not even be a big deal...Not sure how much trouble you can get in from the CBA from stuff like this but it could just be a non-issue.
    Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 02-05-2009, 09:49 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

I don't think its a big deal....I;m willing to wager every team does it.

PFT often posts a lot of comments any time they get some pictures or news that contact is going on just to show how often it happens.

Comment

Diffrence between Lions players and Texans Players... Lions players ***** about the contact.
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        I don't think its a big deal....I;m willing to wager every team does it.
        If my contract doesn't require me to be taking part in contact drills when i don't need to, why in the world would it NOT be a big deal?

Three injuries? How ******** are you that you're running contact drills that early into the season?

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          If my contract doesn't require me to be taking part in contact drills when i don't need to, why in the world would it NOT be a big deal?

Three injuries? How ******** are you that you're running contact drills that early into the season?
          Because you have to be a giant ***** to whine about contact drills when your a *gasp* football player.

See: Lions.

RIP ST

Comment

Here's the link:
            http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/n...ory?id=3885900

And to the questions of why would you do it, its because the coaching staff required players to. As you will read.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
              Because you have to be a giant ***** to whine about contact drills when your a *gasp* football player.

See: Lions.
              And you have to be a giant moron to risk getting injured when you shouldn't be taking hits in the first place.

Comment

And you have to be a giant moron to risk getting injured when you shouldn't be taking hits in the first place.
                They did it for the first 10 (give or take) years of their football careers; I don't think any of the players that actually love the game have a problem with it.

RIP ST

Comment

Or you can just be obiding to the rules the coaching staff had set forth. It was required of them to take part in these drills. You're right, they shouldn't have taken hits in the first place but when your coach tells you to, are you going to say no? There's a reason we are hearing about just now, its because no one spoke up when it was happening, proving to you that they aren't going to confront their superiors. Good thing they didn't have a Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens personality on the team but it's not like anyone else is as likely to get hurt as the ego-free lineman so that decreases the probability of someone speaking up. The quarterbacks dont get hit so they arent going to complain. Take away the Ks and Ps. The WRs and RBs talk and they worry about being considered soft. The only players that are talking are the ones who were injured and lost something and not with the team. No one on the team is talking (yet) and thats to show you that they want no confrontation.
                  Last edited by tjsunstein; 02-05-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

They did it for the first 10 (give or take) years of their football careers; I don't think any of the players that actually love the game have a problem with it.
                    Well they weren't getting paid millions their first ten years of their careers. The same people that "love the game" are the ones that are whining like little girls when the NFL won't pay their medical bills.

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    Or you can just be obiding to the rules the coaching staff had set forth. It was required of them to take part in these drills. You're right, they shouldn't have taken hits in the first place but when your coach tells you to, are you going to say no? There's a reason we are hearing about just now, its because no one spoke up when it was happening, proving to you that they aren't going to confront their superiors. Good thing they didn't have a Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens personality on the team but it's not like anyone else is as likely to get hurt as the ego-free lineman.
                    In which case the coaching staff should get fined a tremendous amount. I see where you can come off as a jerk if you refuse to do the drills when the coaching staff is on your ass about it, but at that point the minute i got home i'd phone my agent and have him call the NFLPA.

Comment

In which case the coaching staff should get fined a tremendous amount. I see where you can come off as a jerk if you refuse to do the drills when the coaching staff is on your ass about it, but at that point the minute i got home i'd phone my agent and have him call the NFLPA.
                      I'm sure the NFL has known about it long before ESPN so a fine is unlikely a year later. Is a fine warranted? Maybe, you could make a case. The injured ones have theirself to blame to an extent for not saying anything until they got hurt as if they didnt know that it wasnt allowed and that they were at risk. Pretty selfish to talk after you got hurt and not when it was going on to not just look after youself but the wellness of your teammates. But like I said, what NFL player is going to confront their coaching staff when its happening? We know that no one on the Texans will, or be successful if they tried.

Comment

Well they weren't getting paid millions their first ten years of their careers. The same people that "love the game" are the ones that are whining like little girls when the NFL won't pay their medical bill.
                        Let's not get into that.

RIP ST

Comment

Let's not get into that.

Would you rather be a snitch and healthy, getting a chance with another team because if you snitched you probably wouldnt last long on your current one depending on the caliber of your play, or a tight mouth, jobless injured player who is reminiscing on what could have been?

Comment

Nevermind they broke the story.
                            Last edited by Loggerhead; 02-05-2009, 04:43 PM.
                            He's about as effective as a garbage bag sitting on the field. On the rare occasion the real men will trip on him.

Comment

Andre Johnson, Steve Slaton, and Demeco Ryans suffered season ending injuries.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information