Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA players would dominate skill position In the NFL.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To counter Vernon Davis all you have to say is Antonio Gates. I really think Vernon isn't all that dedicated. He just doesnt ever seem to improve. Mentality is more important than measurables, but when you combine the two...

Comment

Antonio Gates was a second fiddle college bball player...nuff said. Physically they would be monsters, but many don't have a football mentality or skill. Putting on pads is another thing for these guys, but for the guys that played football in HS, I think they could have chance to translate.

Comment

BTW, Shaq at LT or DE equals championship.

Comment

We should do an All Nfl team with nba players lol

Lebron and AI would be on my team for sure!

Comment

Alot of the best taller athletes play in the NBA, if they all played in the NFL you would see much taller players at skill positions, its debateable to say that someone like Lebron or Kobe would dominate the leauge but all you have to do is take a look at someone like Julius Peppers or Antonio Gates to realize that basketball players can be immensely successful in the NFL.

Comment

At a certain height, there is too much height. A lot of NBA players wouldn't be able to get low enough to do anything worth while. Getting low is important in the NFL.

As for someone like Dwyane Wade, he's basically Calvin Johnson. Except Calvin is a little taller, about 30 pounds heavier, jumps almost a foot higher, is faster.... yea...

So yea, stop selling NFL athletes so short, LeBron would get cracked in half catching a pass over the middle, that's a lot of exposed area to try and protect from safeties and LBers.
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I think a lot of people are considering the wrong type of NBA players. I only see people mentioning the superstar caliber guys. I think its a lot more of the grittier, physical, hard nosed, overall less skilled guys that could be impressive football players as they have a similar mindset.

Guys like Paul Milsap, Jason Maxiel, Craig Smith, Fred Jones, Ryan Gomes, Ben Wallace.. I could keep going as there are a lot of examples. With the exception of Jones, these are all tall guys at 6'6-6'7 or so that are well put together physically. They are considered under sized and rather average athletically by NBA standards.

But imagine these types of guys on the defensive side of the ball at DE or LB. No they couldnt switch over today and be NFL starters. But if they had focused on football as their primary sport or really even played both ways and opted for the NFL over NBA they could be scary good.

Also, just a note, but Calvin Johnson jumps no where near a foot higher than Dwayne Wade. He may not be faster either (and this is coming from a Detroit'er).

Comment

Yeah, I was just going to say that about the vert.

Calvin probably has 3-4 inches on his vert tops.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

No... NBA players are good at their craft but just because they can jump high doesn't mean that they could run a route, out jump defenders and haul in passes moving a lot faster than your average basketball.

Besides, not many in the NBA would be close to being tough enough to take the hammering NFL players do.

Comment

But yeah, I would love to see Lebron run a 40 just for fun these days. Just to give us a number. I know the 4.4 rumor but, that sure would be a hell of a sight.

6'9
                      270 pounds
                      4.4 40
                      400 lb bench
                      44" vert

The measurable *****'s dream player. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        But yeah, I would love to see Lebron run a 40 just for fun these days. Just to give us a number. I know the 4.4 rumor but, that sure would be a hell of a sight.

6'9
                        270 pounds
                        4.4 40
                        400 lb bench
                        44" vert

Can we get him an invite to the combine just cuz' ?

Comment

LeBron would get injured in the first minute on the field. Like his commercial though where he signed with the browns. Fieldgoal kicking would get tougher.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

With their mesurables, they would all play for Oakland :) Being good in those conditions is really tuff.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

6'9
                              270 pounds
                              4.4 40
                              400 lb bench
                              44" vert

That's pretty much all bull. He was 6'7 240 pounds at the draft camp, he put on some weight, but I don't think he's 2 inches and 30 pounds bigger than when he entered the league.

The 4.4 is laughable, and the 44 is speculated with no proof at all, and LeBron never does anything to prove it as anything more than speculation.
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I think there are a couple of big 1 or 2 guards who could make it as NFL wr's. Guys like:
                                Deron Williams: 6-3, 207
                                Baron Davis:6-3, 215
                                Dewayne Wade: 6-4, 216
                                Derrick Rose: 6-3, 190

These are guys that all have good size, are all explosive, quick guys, with great hops and hands, who have great vision which could help them read defenses.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information