Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA players would dominate skill position In the NFL.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lebron's too tall to ever be a football player, especially a tight end.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
      Do you have any reasoning for this claim or do you just like throwing out statements with no basis in fact? Plenty of tall players have gone more than a minute without being hurt.
      basketball is pretty bad for your knees and damages them in a way that makes them really sensitive for impact injuries. Impacts like a football tackle. Besides that it takes training to learn how to absorb a hit and he never got that since he played football in high school.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

As soon as they got hit they'd quit, nuff said. Baseball players have a better chance of being football players than basketball players do.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          Lebron's too tall to ever be a football player, especially a tight end.
          There are many TE's, DE's and OT's in the 6'7 to 6'9 range....

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
            There are many TE's, DE's and OT's in the 6'7 to 6'9 range....
            I can think of three off the top of my head and one of them just retired. Jon Ogden, John Henderson, and Leonard Pope.

Extreme height is often a disadvantage in football because of how much leverage is tied into the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              I can think of three off the top of my head and one of them just retired. Jon Ogden, John Henderson, and Leonard Pope.

Extreme height is often a disadvantage in football because of how much leverage is tied into the sport.
              I don't need football lessons, but thanks anyway. You said Lebron is too tall and I was pointing out that there are players as tall or taller than him in the NFL. Jared Gaither and Dennis Roland are two more.

Comment

I don't think that NBA player have quite the same straight speed as NFL receivers and corners. They are very quick in tight spaces to get by someone, but I don't see Kobe being able to keep up with Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, or Larry Fitzgerald for a long route. He could do it, but he wouldn't dominate.

They are very different ways of using your body, I know they could acclimate, but athletes have certain abilities that fit different sports better.

Outside of guys like Barbosa, Parker, Iverson, and some other guards, I don't see many NBA players running a sub 4.5.

Comment

Lebron already pretends to get hurt 4 times a game. They'd all quit the first time they got hit.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I don't think NBA players have quite the straight line speed that many poeple are claiming. Most of those guys train to be quick rather than fast, as far as straight line speed/size combo football players are the best athletes. People talk about juking, but juking with a basketball where you can't make contact and your going for the ball is alot different than juking in football where the guy is trying to tackle you. That's whats annoying about that Lebron Commercial (i know, its only a commercial but people have brought it up), he jukes out the Miami defender but the defender wouldn't look at the ball when he throws it around his head, he would just tackle his ass.

Alot of those guys have the physical ability sure, like Lebron but being good at football is another thing. Much less being good in actual pads. Not to mention in the NFL. NFL is definitely the hardest sports to go from HS to the Pro's physically.

Comment

Even in college I always thought Rajon Rondo would make a SICK CB. With his length, speed and quickness he'd be very capable if that was the route he went instead of basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                        Anyone catch that thing a few weeks ago on I think ESPNNews.....it was like a roundtable and the question was "better nfl player, lebron or Kobe?"

There were 4 guys debating and 3 of the 4 said Kobe would be a better NFL player.....I was shocked, couldn't believe these guys actually got paid to talk sports.
                        ESPN is all over Kobe's nuts. And regarding the question at hand, Except for a select few I don't think NBA players could take the punding that is the NFL. Lebron would be pure domination at WR though.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men88 View Post
                          ESPN is all over Kobe's nuts. And regarding the question at hand, Except for a select few I don't think NBA players could take the punding that is the NFL. Lebron would be pure domination at WR though.
                          With good reason.

Comment

A question that will go no where. I'm sure many of them are good enough athletes that they 'could' be real good, and others would be terrible. Many played both sports and chose one over the other. However, being an athlete alone doesn't make you a good football player. You can't just say an NBA player, as there are many and VERY FEW would be able to make any transition. Based on how you asked the quetsion, NO. And if they could play they certainly wouldn't dominate. Don't cut short the athletes that the top players in the NFL are, IMO they are superior to NBA athletes, given the size, speed, power, attention to detail (running a route vs setting a good screen/dribbling), and focus (holding on while getting smoked vs a free throw), amoung other things.

Dominate...hahaha, makes me laugh.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                              A question that will go no where. I'm sure many of them are good enough athletes that they 'could' be real good, and others would be terrible. Many played both sports and chose one over the other. However, being an athlete alone doesn't make you a good football player. You can't just say an NBA player, as there are many and VERY FEW would be able to make any transition. Based on how you asked the quetsion, NO. And if they could play they certainly wouldn't dominate. Don't cut short the athletes that the top players in the NFL are, IMO they are superior to NBA athletes, given the size, speed, power, attention to detail (running a route vs setting a good screen/dribbling), and focus (holding on while getting smoked vs a free throw), amoung other things.

Dominate...hahaha, makes me laugh.

Agree 100%. All of you guys that are saying NBA players will dominate are really saying NBA athletes are better then NFL athletes. And IMO I think NFL athletes have more skills that they have to use to dominate in there sport

Comment

Luke Walton for ballboy.

Allen Iverson for QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information