No announcement yet.

Byron Leftwich?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftwich makes absolutely no sense for the Vikings or any team that runs the WCO for that matter. The WCO needs a QB who has some mobility, and a quick release with accuracy. The only thing Leftwich has from that is the accuracy. The Vikings would be better of going with Garcia for a year.

As for a possible suitor, he said earlier that he would love to come to Chicago and he'd be a great fit for us on a 2 year deal to compete for the starting job.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      JP Losman will end up in Minnesota and be EPIC. :D
      Leftwhich will end up in NY as a Jet.
      If Losman ever ends up as a decent quarterback I'll be surprised. Seems like he'd be a good backup in New Orleans.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
        Leftwich makes absolutely no sense for the Vikings or any team that runs the WCO for that matter. The WCO needs a QB who has some mobility, and a quick release with accuracy. The only thing Leftwich has from that is the accuracy. The Vikings would be better of going with Garcia for a year.

As for a possible suitor, he said earlier that he would love to come to Chicago and he'd be a great fit for us on a 2 year deal to compete for the starting job.
        Just like Gus Frerrotte, the mobile masterpiece!

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post

Then why did gus frerotte somewhat work in Minny? The guy is a statue

Originally posted by SNIPER26
          LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
          Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by captainjack27 View Post
            I'm not saying Leftwich wouldn't be better then Frerotte, but he wouldn't fit what their offense wants. The Vikings adjusted their schemes to fit Frerotte, but in all reality, they want a WCO with a typical WCO QB. I think they still have hope in Jackson but really want Cassel. If they can't get Cassel, I think they'll sign Garcia to a one year deal and let him compete with Jackson (a battle Garcia would most likely win.)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

The Jaguars ran a WCO in 2003-2004 and Leftwich was not a fan of it. Leftwich's best year was under Carl Smith, who didn't run a WCO but didn't have a deep passing game either. Leftwich would be served to have a good running game, a good OL, and good receivers. You know, like any other QB. It just depends what he can produce on his end. His accuracy and overall lack of production are his main skill issues, and his injury problems may be the biggest of all his issues. His career in Jacksonville was mediocre-to-good. To be a full-time veteran starter, he would need to improve.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                The Jaguars ran a WCO in 2003-2004 and Leftwich was not a fan of it. Leftwich's best year was under Carl Smith, who didn't run a WCO but didn't have a deep passing game either. Leftwich would be served to have a good running game, a good OL, and good receivers. You know, like any other QB. It just depends what he can produce on his end. His accuracy and overall lack of production are his main skill issues, and his injury problems may be the biggest of all his issues. His career in Jacksonville was mediocre-to-good. To be a full-time veteran starter, he would need to improve.
                Exactly. Which is one of the reasons I think he would succeed in NY. Rex Ryan has vowed to bring a more run-oriented offense to the jets, thank god, which with this offensive line and running game would benefit Leftwich...or any QB for that matter.

His dislike/uncomfortableness with the WCO that Jacksonville ran manifested itself into fairly mediocre numbers.

I think the biggest knock, other than the health issues, was his delivery. It was so long and completely ill-suited for a WCO scheme. To me, it looked as though he shortened it up a bit this year and looked quite good from the spot-duty he got this year when Big Ben was injured. With the jets' offensive line and backfield of TJ and Leon, I think he could thrive. I don't think Rex is going to ask too much of whatever QB he gets, other than don't mess it up for his defense.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Leftwich will hopefully end up in Carolina. The Panthers o-line and running game is top three easy in the league. Leftwich would definitely get the ball to Steve Smith in stride better than Delhomme. Probably won't happen but it should IMO.

Comment

lol at Carolina o-line being top 3...

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                      lol at Carolina o-line being top 3...
                      Not to be a homer, but explain why that argument couldn't be made? The line was a large part of why we finished in the top three rushing offenses. I don't think that was an outrageous statement.

Comment

Leftwich would work in Minny or for the Jets. Carolina would work too, but I feel like they give Matt Moore a chance before they bring in another QB.
                        Jp in minny could be good. I hope that someone picks up JTO so other fans can feel the pain of "Just Touchdowns O'Sullivan." As well as the 3 turn over a game average. Reminded me of Rex, flashes of brilliance and then utter devastation.
                        “Every play, every down, every series, every meeting — like it’s your last.” Jerry Kramer

Comment

A little off topic but with all the discussions of FA QBs and trade values for Matt Cassel, I think it's funny how no one talks about Derek Anderson anymore.

I like Leftwich in Minny. He could fight for a spot in Tennessee as well I think.
                          Last edited by nrk; 02-12-2009, 11:52 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by captainjack27 View Post
                            Because he is a veteran QB who can sit back and make his reads without stopping at the first 2 reads, and having to either take off, or run around to buy time. At that point, you can attritute some of his success due to being a veteran and making his reads and proper decisions based on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                              Because he is a veteran QB who can sit back and make his reads without stopping at the first 2 reads, and having to either take off, or run around to buy time. At that point, you can attritute some of his success due to being a veteran and making his reads and proper decisions based on them.
                              I'm still not buying Frerotte over Leftwich. Not a chance in hell I'd take that. But smokey made a good point.

Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
                              Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Comment

The Windmill looked really good in limited action for Pittsburgh this season. Definitly is an upgrade over Ferotte.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information