Cassel's Trade Value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassel's Trade Value

Since Matt Cassel (If retained by the pats) is a RFA at the end of next season, and the maximum RFA tender would garner a 1st and 3rd if he signs with another team, does this make his minimum value a 1st and 3rd?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong there. Does the fact the pats would have RFA leverage next off-season raise his trade value at all?

I still think the pats get a 1st and 3rd, or 2nd and next years first from a team.
    Breed's QB Philosophy:
    Originally posted by Breed
    At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

WTF. We have 4 Cassel threads. Stick to those
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

ibtl

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

To anwser the question I believe his trade value is more then he is worth don't get me wrong he is a good player but some team is going to give up to much for him.

Comment

I think a 1st from a Minnesota or a Tampa Bay would be fair for both sides.

Comment

The most I would give is a 2nd Rounder. I dont care how well he did this year. Most NFL QB's could have put up those numbers he did with Randy Moss and Wes Welker and even Jabar Gaffney. So if He came to Minnesota he will probably struggle so I rather have Garcia or someone else for cheaper.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Fair value based on the franchise tag, previous deals (Schaub, mostly) and the current QB situation for the team he would go to tell me he's worth the first round pick and either a second rounder (maybe a 2010 conditional) or at least a 1st/3rd.

The following teams would get an upgrade at the position and have a pick the Patriots would like. (the #1 overall Detroit owns is not something NE would even want to have)

18. Bears
              19. Buccaneers
              20. Lions (f/Cowboys)
              22. Vikings

Comment

Forgot about the lions 20. I think that puts them in play for sure.
                Breed's QB Philosophy:
                At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Tony G > Cassel

:D
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

^ I got your Tony the G right here!

Matt Cassel and Pats round 2 (58)

for

Gonzo & KC round 2 (34) & 2010 a conditional 2nd or 1st based on Cassel's performance.

Comment

Schaub went for two 2nds and a swap of 1sts and I think Cassel easily has more value than Schaub did.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                        Tony G > Cassel

:D
                        Yea I know but he's playing out of position at TE lol. I'd take Gonzo and a 2nd for Cassel

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                          Yea I know but he's playing out of position at TE lol. I'd take Gonzo and a 2nd for Cassel
                          Ditto, He'd be a big impact on the Pats offense, especially with Watson a free agent next year.
                          Breed's QB Philosophy:
                          At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...likes_cas.html

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper is holding a conference call today and the Patriots came up a few times.

Kiper was asked to put himself in the position of the Lions (picks 1, 20, and 33) and Chiefs (picks 3 and 34), assuming they were considering taking quarterbacks Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez in the draft.

Given that, would he take Stafford or Sanchez, or would he rather have Matt Cassel in a trade?

"If I were Detroit or Kansas City, I would make that move in a heartbeat. If youre asking me if I would rather have Matt Cassel or Matthew Stafford or Mark Sanchez, Id rather have Matt Cassel," Kiper answered.

Comment

Rather have Cassell than Cutler huh?
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information