No announcement yet.

Goodell cuts his pay by 25 percent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't he make 11 million last year? How is 2 million 25% of 11 million? Oh well, I doubt Selig and Stern would do this and I know Selig makes 23 million. Stern probably makes more than Goodell as well.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
      Didn't he make 11 million last year? How is 2 million 25% of 11 million? Oh well, I doubt Selig and Stern would do this and I know Selig makes 23 million. Stern probably makes more than Goodell as well.
      Selig's defense: "I don't commission less. So if I don't commission less I don't take less!"

Comment

Now owners should scale back ticket prices for Joe Six-pack.

Comment

Some of you guys are trying to hate Goodell too much, I don't like him either, but this was a good gesture by him.

Comment

This was basically his gesture to have everyone agree to sacrifice something with the coming renegotiation of the labor agreement.

The owners are already complaining and the chances of a season with no salary cap/work stoppage are increasing with the economy in the crapper

Comment

Whatever the case, it's a stand up move and gained some respect for Goddell.

Comment

I've always had respect for Goddell, though he does go a bit over the top soemtimes, and this move by him makes me respect him more.

And I doubt any other comissioner does this. Selig is a...uhh don't even get me started.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

He's still a jackass and doesn't even deserve to get paid in excess of 2 million dollars in the first place, in my opinion.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                    He's still a jackass and doesn't even deserve to get paid in excess of 2 million dollars in the first place, in my opinion.
                    Explain...

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      Selig made $18.5 million in '07. Dunno about '08. Scott Van Pelt got suspended for criticizing how much Selig made.

Comment

Always liked the NFL commish better then Selig or Stern. Don't get my started on Bettman.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Explain...

I just don't like the way he handles some situations. Sometimes he handles an issue with force, and he lets other people walk away easy. The first thing that jumps to mind is Odell Thurman and how he handled that so badly, while Pacman is still runnin' around the league.

Edit: That isn't to say that I don't think Pacman deserves a spot in the NFL (I think the guy is hilarious), but Goodell was way too forceful with Thurman.

RIP ST

Comment

How hard it must be to survive off only 6 million dollars a year for a highly administrative job.

Bud Selig makes almost 20 million dollars a year? Are you ******* kidding me? That totally ridiculous.

Comment

That is nice of him and all, but the first thing I thought of was the fact that $2 million was 25% of his pay.

Salaries in the NFL are ridiculous. I don't understand how back up NFL players make twice as much as some doctors.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Yeah. Another point when Percentages "sound" Big.

The CEO cut 50% of his pay, now he's only making 18 Million dollars.

However this is the first thing he's done that I've liked.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information