2009 designated franchise players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 designated franchise players

The deadline is tomorrow, and some more are coming in. Let's just make one thread.

Schefter breaks more news:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/char...nchise-player/

Chargers tag RB Sproles as franchise player
    Posted: February 18th, 2009 | Adam Schefter

The Chargers took a major step to resolve their running back issues. They designated Darren Sproles as their franchise player, which will limit his free-agent options but guarantee him $6.621 million for the 2009 season.

Most believed the Chargers couldn’t afford to pay both Sproles and starting RB LaDainian Tomlinson. But the Chargers made sure they could.

Also, the Buccaneers officially tagged WR Antonio Bryant as their franchise player.
    Bryant is absolutely no surprise, but I'm shocked the Chargers franchised Sproles. That makes no sense to me whatsoever, AJ Smith is an idiot. He needs to spend that money elsewhere.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Baltimore Ravens assign the franchise tag to Terrell Suggs.

He's not going anywhere else just yet.

Comment

The New York Giants tagged Brandon Jabobs earlier in the week.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

Here's hoping they get rid of the franchise tag in the next CBA, it's taking all the fun out of the offseason. Keep the transition tag and thats it.

Comment

Could you merge all the threads talking about how a certain player was franchised into this one?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

Yay suggs stays a raven!!
            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

To Mike Reinfeldt: Rip up the damn contract that says you can't re-tag Haynesworth and just tag him again!
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                To Mike Reinfeldt: Rip up the damn contract that says you can't re-tag Haynesworth and just tag him again!
                Isn't it scary when your best player might leave your team?? I am just happy we got Suggs. Now I worry about Ray
                Just let it go RWO.
                We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                  Mark Schlereth on TV today said, I kid you not, that the Titans could franchise Albert Haynesworth. What a complete dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                    Isn't it scary when your best player might leave your team?? I am just happy we got Suggs. Now I worry about Ray
                    What's the word on Ray now? The last I heard he was unwilling to take any type of home discount. I think it's pretty critical to resign him IMO

Comment

Apparently Peppers made a list of 4 teams to be traded to providing he is franchised. Dallas is the only one named so far according to Yahoo.com

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

wow Dallas with peppers and ware :O

Comment

Originally posted by Strongside View Post
                          What's the word on Ray now? The last I heard he was unwilling to take any type of home discount. I think it's pretty critical to resign him IMO
                          Well I am guessing he tests the free agent market and hopefully takes our offer over others. I think he stays
                          Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            wow Dallas with peppers and ware :O
                            That team is already so stacked it is obvious they do not need better players just someone who can bring leadership(screw you stay away from Ray).
                            Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

Glad SD franchised Sproles, gives us a better chance at Moreno.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information