No announcement yet.

Signings thread (FA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Glenn Dorsey going to fit in a 3-4? Turk McBride? Tamba Hali? etc....
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
      I have heard NFL talk about it but as far as I know the Chiefs have not came out and said they have but I could be wrong.
      Their already are assuming the move has happened:

The Chiefs announced their new coaching staff this week. What they didn’t announce is that they’re planning to switch to a 3-4 defense.

Under the guidance of new defensive coaches Clancy Pendergast and Gary Gibbs, the Chiefs are turning to the scheme that has done so well for the Steelers and is back in vogue in the NFL.

Now the Chiefs will have to tailor their personnel accordingly. But what is most intriguing and mysterious about it is where last year’s first-round draft pick, defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, fits in the scheme. Dorsey might not be stout enough to play nose tackle in a 3-4, and he might not be big enough to play end.

There now are questions about Dorsey’s role, one year after he became the Chiefs’ top pick.

But the changes now are coming fast and furious in Kansas City, mainly on defense.
      http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/what...chiefs-dorsey/

Doesn't make sense to me, unless you can get a 1st for him he seems like a waste in that defense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

- The buzz here is that a potential major free agent player is now off the market as the Panthers and offensive tackle Jordan Gross are putting the finishing touches on a monster contract.

- Gross is expected to sign a six-year deal that would pay him more than $30 million in the first three years of the deal, the most ever paid out to an offensive lineman.

That's WAY too much! WOW!
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

That doesn't even faze me to be honest, given how much money we've seen top-notch offensive lineman get the last 3 or 4 years. That's what the market is.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
            Is Glenn Dorsey going to fit in a 3-4? Turk McBride? Tamba Hali? etc....
            Glenn Dorsey would be a terrible fit for the 3-4. Isn't he just a 3 tech tackle?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Didn't KC switch to a 3-4? They have no place for him now.
              Haynewsorth would be wicked in a 3-4, Glenn Dorsey....not so much. Haynesworth is one of those guys like John Peterson, Richard Seymour, Shaun Rogers, Marcus Stroud, etc. who can play DE or NT in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                Glenn Dorsey would be a terrible fit for the 3-4. Isn't he just a 3 tech tackle?
                I think he'd be much stronger in a 4-3 than a 3-4.

I personally like 3-4 defenses, and I understand why KC has made the switch, but it might take a couple of years to get the personnel right. They do have a lot of cap space tho....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Barring a trade return that Pioli thinks enough of, I doubt very much that the Chiefs would consider trading Glenn Dorsey this year. If they did, with the current CBA going into the last capped year, all of the remaining bonus/guaranteed money would be charged to this year's cap. Which for Dorsey, means an $18M cap charge!

Granted the Chiefs have a ridiculous amount of cap space this year, but still.

KC should just run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid imo. Boy I'd love to have Dorsey on the Colts, but that's just wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    Barring a trade return that Pioli thinks enough of, I doubt very much that the Chiefs would consider trading Glenn Dorsey this year. If they did, with the current CBA going into the last capped year, all of the remaining bonus/guaranteed money would be charged to this year's cap. Which for Dorsey, means an $18M cap charge!

Granted the Chiefs have a ridiculous amount of cap space this year, but still.

KC should just run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid imo. Boy I'd love to have Dorsey on the Colts, but that's just wishful thinking.
                    I really think they are going to run a hybrid for a year or two as a transition to a 3-4. But I have no flippin clue what is going on in KC. :(

Seymour in KC next year BOOK IT!
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Does KC even have a good 3-4 OLB candidate? I don't see it for Hali, he screams 4-3 DE to me.

I can see Pioli going for Michael Boley of the Falcons. Young linebacker with experience and blitzes well.

Curtis Johnson might be perfect for the Chiefs. 6-3/240 UDFA from last year's draft, he's too good a pass rusher for the Colts to cut from the roster, even though he'll always be behind three demons in Freeney/Mathis/Howard.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                        I really think they are going to run a hybrid for a year or two as a transition to a 3-4. But I have no flippin clue what is going on in KC.
                        I agree I don't think they wil go full 3-4 this year but start to make the move to a full time 3-4.

Comment

Gross 6 year deal
                          Peppers franchised
                          Asomugha 3 year, $45 million deal

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Is Peppers going to have to choke a *****?

Scrabble three year deal.
                            Last edited by TitleTown088; 02-19-2009, 02:10 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Boldin softening up a little bit interesting.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/19/bold...ong-term-deal/
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                                I think the Giants could possibly sign him.
                                That would be just unfair...
                                I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information