Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T.J. Houshmanzadeh Signs With Seattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • T.J. Houshmanzadeh Signs With Seattle

    Free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh is expected in Seattle on Friday for a visit with the Seahawks.

    Houshmandzadeh, 31, is considered one of the top wide receivers available in free agency. That is a position where the Seahawks want to deepen their roster after injuries ravaged them last season.

    He caught 92 passes last season for Cincinnati, his eighth season with the Bengals after being a seventh-round choice in 2001.

    Houshmandzadeh played one season at Oregon State after transferring from a junior college.

    Free-agent defensive end Chris Canty of Dallas is scheduled to visit the Seahawks on Monday, according to his agent.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...58_hawk28.html

    I will be ecstatic if we can pull this off.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Cicero View Post
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...58_hawk28.html

    I will be ecstatic if we can pull this off.
    That would be a good signing if they can get it done. Would certainly allow them to pick someone other than Crabtree with their pick. I've thought for a while now that they will pick a QB there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      That would be a good signing if they can get it done. Would certainly allow them to pick someone other than Crabtree with their pick. I've thought for a while now that they will pick a QB there.
      Sanchez definitely becomes more of a possibility here if we get Housh. We're going to have to find a successor for Hasselbeck sometime and I don't think we'll be drafting this high again for awhile.

      Comment


      • #4
        No, housh is coming to Minnesota and that's that.
        SKOL VIKINGS!


        Comment


        • #5
          I still believe Housh ends up an Eagle. I think he wants to be an Eagle more than the Eagles want him to be an Eagle.

          Sig By:The Dynasty

          2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
            I still believe Housh ends up an Eagle. I think he wants to be an Eagle more than the Eagles want him to be an Eagle.
            I hope you're right.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              I hope you're right.
              He came to us first, that has to mean something (I hope).

              Comment


              • #8
                Housh's deal is going to make for a nice compensation pick in 2010. Best of luck to T.J. wherever he goes. He's a very solid receiver and has been a reliable player for the Bengals the past five years or so.

                That being said, I'm ready to see the guy go. Andre Caldwell showed flashes right near the end of last season and the team really seems to like him. Caldwell offers more in terms of special teams ability and big-play potential with his speed.

                big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                  He came to us first, that has to mean something (I hope).
                  Let's be honest, what possible incentive could TJ have to make him rather go to Seattle than Philly? lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                    Housh's deal is going to make for a nice compensation pick in 2010. Best of luck to T.J. wherever he goes. He's a very solid receiver and has been a reliable player for the Bengals the past five years or so.

                    That being said, I'm ready to see the guy go. Andre Caldwell showed flashes right near the end of last season and the team really seems to like him. Caldwell offers more in terms of special teams ability and big-play potential with his speed.
                    There's no need to be optimistic bro. I know it sucks, but you gotta suck it up. Losing Housh will hurt more than losing Ocho Cinco. Andre Caldwell is a depth player and it's back to the drawing board as far as addressing WR whether that be through the draft, trade or FA.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                      Let's be honest, what possible incentive could TJ have to make him rather go to Seattle than Philly? lol
                      Philly fans are notorious for bashing their stars???

                      Seriously though, Housh is a Northwest guy and that conference is a helluva lot easier.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        There's no need to be optimistic bro. I know it sucks, but you gotta suck it up. Losing Housh will hurt more than losing Ocho Cinco. Andre Caldwell is a depth player and it's back to the drawing board as far as addressing WR whether that be through the draft, trade or FA.
                        Oh no way, Housh is 32 and a great complimentary WR, how hard is it to find a guy like him? Chad has always been the guy who demanded and constantly beat double teams, Caldwell looked very good late and for that role I think he's a perfect fit.


                        There is absolutely no way that offense resembles anything decent with Housh and a bunch of 2nd year guys vs Chad and a bunch of 2nd year guys, at least Chad will take some pressure off the other 2, something Housh wouldn't be able to provide.





                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Philly fans are notorious for bashing their stars???

                          Seriously though, Housh is a Northwest guy and that conference is a helluva lot easier.
                          I thought for a second he might want to go back to the Northwest but he only went to college there, he's originally from CA. Plus the only star I can think of in recent years that eagles fans bash is McNabb, we loved T.O. until he became a ****.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                            I thought for a second he might want to go back to the Northwest but he only went to college there, he's originally from CA. Plus the only star I can think of in recent years that eagles fans bash is McNabb, we loved T.O. until he became a ****.
                            OK... WC guy...

                            As far as Philly fans bashing thier own stars.. I wasn't just talking about football.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Oh no way, Housh is 32 and a great complimentary WR, how hard is it to find a guy like him? Chad has always been the guy who demanded and constantly beat double teams, Caldwell looked very good late and for that role I think he's a perfect fit.


                              There is absolutely no way that offense resembles anything decent with Housh and a bunch of 2nd year guys vs Chad and a bunch of 2nd year guys, at least Chad will take some pressure off the other 2, something Housh wouldn't be able to provide.
                              If I could only choose one receiver to have on my team between those two, I would much rather have Housh.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information