Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Per PFT: Brian Dawkins near to signing with Broncos!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Per PFT: Brian Dawkins near to signing with Broncos!

    http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/rea...igns_in_denver

    After 13 years with the Eagles, safety Brian Dawkins will have a new home.

    David White of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Dawkins has agreed to terms with the Broncos.

    Dawkins, 35, had said during the season that he thought he'd work out a deal to end his career in Philly. It could still happen, but only after a stint with the Broncos.
    Absolutely speechless.

  • #2
    Good signing, IMO.


    Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

    Comment


    • #3
      Mixed emotions. It'll be really weird seeing Dawkins out of an Eagles uniform. He's been one of my favorite players for years.

      And, now we get to face him twice a year. That's just AWESOME. :(

      Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

      Comment


      • #4
        John Lynch went there when he was a couple of years younger than Dawkins and he did pretty well and i think Dawkins will too. They need some more help there on defense in their front 7 so they could be much improved.

        Comment


        • #5
          It's not official yet, I'm still holding out hope.

          Comment


          • #6
            So, Nolan screws us over with Mark Roman and then gets Dawkins? What a douche.

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              It's not official yet, I'm still holding out hope.
              Keep telling yourself that. He's a Bronco.

              Comment


              • #8
                CBS4 in Denver has confirmed this is official.

                Comment


                • #9
                  He's over the hill. He can't cover as well anymore. When I saw the Eagles play this year he was used mostly in the box as a run stuffer.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    He's over the hill. He can't cover as well anymore. When I saw the Eagles play this year he was used mostly in the box as a run stuffer.
                    And if you've seen the Broncos play this year, you'd see why this is a good thing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
                      And if you've seen the Broncos play this year, you'd see why this is a good thing.
                      Then sign a LB or a better d-lineman to stop the run. A safety that can't cover can hurt you just as much.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Then sign a LB or a better d-lineman to stop the run. A safety that can't cover can hurt you just as much.
                        I can tell you didn't see enough eagles games, he's still above average in coverage.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          So, Nolan screws us over with Mark Roman and then gets Dawkins? What a douche.
                          Yeah really what the hell.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                            I can tell you didn't see enough eagles games, he's still above average in coverage.
                            I saw a ton of Eagles games. He's no where near above average in coverage. Go back and look at the first Cowboys game when Dawkins was running all over the place.
                            #Chop


                            sig by BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No matter how well he covers, he's a massive upgrade over what they have.
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information