Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Per PFT: Brian Dawkins near to signing with Broncos!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apparently CBS4 jumped the gun. The actual report is now that Brian Dawkins is on the way to Denver to take a physical, and pending that should be signed.

Reporting
    Vic Lombardi
    DENVER (CBS4) ―
    CBS4's Vic Lombardi has confirmed All-Pro Safety Brian Dawkins has agreed in principle on a two-year deal with the Denver Broncos.

The NFL veteran has spent his entire 13 year career with the Philadelphia Eagles...until now.

Dawkins arrived in Denver Friday afternoon shortly after 5 o'clock. He told CBS4 sports he has not yet signed the contract, but he is heading to Broncos headquarters and the contract could be signed as soon as tonight. No word yet on how much the contract is worth

Comment

Dawkins arrives in Denver with his family

Comment

He looks like the devil.
        Breed's QB Philosophy:
        Originally posted by Breed
        At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
          No matter how well he covers, he's a massive upgrade over what they have.
          QFT.

Not only that, we were brutally lacking in leadership on the defensive side of the ball... which is something Dawkins brings to the table in spades.

Great signing IMO.

Comment

After watching Dawk every year since I've become a football fan, I have a hard time believing there's a better leader in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
              Yeah really what the hell.
              He just keeps getting jobs even though he's only been a poor coach.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                After watching Dawk every year since I've become a football fan, I have a hard time believing there's a better leader in the NFL.
                There is, and his name is Ray Lewis...and unfortunately, hes about to leave Baltimore :(
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  There is, and his name is Ray Lewis...and unfortunately, hes about to leave Baltimore :(
                  to join Denver!

Comment

John Lynch signing 2.0?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
                      to join Denver!
                      We can only hope. Oh man, I have this friend who is a Ravens fan, and he's pissed at Bart Scott, he is pissed about Dawkins cuz he likes him and hates Denver cuz I like them. If Ray Lewis were to sign with us... I don't think I'd ever stop dancing in his face.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

This is a great signing by the Broncos. It'll give their defense some much needed teeth. The only bad part is we have to play him twice a year now.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Well Dawkins on his worst day was better than all the safties they had last year combined, so great signing.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Broncos | Dawkins deal complete
                            Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:58:33 -0800

Updating previous reports, NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports free-agent S Brian Dawkins (Eagles) is now a member of the Denver Broncos. He received a five-year, $17 million deal with $7.2 million guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                              Well Dawkins on his worst day was better than all the safties they had last year combined, so great signing.
                              That's more of an insult to what Denver had at safety, because Dawkins was absolute trash in pass coverage last season.

Comment

I just listened to an interview between Brian Dawkins and a local eagles reporter and he was so emotional he had to cut it short, damn this sucks, this hurts more than losing the NFC Championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information